Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom-le-termite
United States
ft lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're going to need a bigger tub.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a doubt on how to interpret the card New economy.

The card says that all worlds with a "consume power" give 1VP.

however, the symbole on the card only show a (IV) and doesn't show that the world with a trading power ($) are involved.

Although I know that ($) is a consume power, I really have a doubt about it.

So my question is: does this card give 1 pt for all world with a trading power or not?

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bauer
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not give vp for cards with a trade power ($) only the consume (IV).

Phase IV really has two separate parts, Trade and then Consume.
They are considered separate and card effects that refer to Trade or consume do not apply to the other. Also only players who take the
Trade action get the trade step, other players skip this step entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think trade powers and consume powers are different. Consume powers work no matter who has chosen which IV consume card. Trade powers only work if you yourself have selected trade/consume.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ilan berci
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My take is that trade powers and consume powers are distinct. Although they both happen on the same phase (consume), they are still distinct power groups.

There are numerous cards which state "trade powers" which only strengthens the above argument.

Hope this helps and I can be wrong as always..

ilan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$ is a trade power only accessible by selecting consume trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom-le-termite
United States
ft lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're going to need a bigger tub.
mbmbmbmbmb
sbauer9 wrote:
It does not give vp for cards with a trade power ($) only the consume (IV).

Indeed, I just found it in the rulebook blush

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What I can't work out with the "New Economy" cards is it's own consume power. Does it mean you draw a card every time someone chooses the consume phase, even if it is Consume & Trade? Does it depend on somebody actually consuming a good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It works the same as Interstellar Bank: During the Consume phase (as long as it happens, regardless of who picked it), you draw a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Consume happens if Consume Trade is picked, all players use their consume powers, so you draw a card if you have New Economy if anyone picked Trade. It doesn't matter if you or anyone else consume a good. As Daniel says it works in the same way as Interstellar Bank does in develop, the same thing can also happen in produce - e.g. Rebel Underground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mumu shanshi
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly derailing the thread, but...
zabdiel wrote:
Consume happens after Consume Trade, so the player(s) who picked Consume Trade do their trade(s) then all players use ther consume powers

There is no separate Trade phase. Trade is merely a flavour of bonus you may choose for picking Consume (the other flavour being x2). Cf: Explore +5 and Explore +1,+1.

If going by turn order: lowest-numbered start world resolves his/her consume phase; then next player in clockwise order resolves his/her consume phase; etc. etc.

Resolving a consume phase:

1) If you picked Consume: Trade, you MUST sell EXACTLY ONE good for its trade value plus any applicable bonuses before consuming any other goods

2) Consume normally

2b) If you picked Consume: x2, double all VP chips (but not cards) acquired in 2) above (unless explicitly stated otherwise, eg. Deficit Spending).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mumushanshi wrote:
There is no separate Trade phase. Trade is merely a flavour of bonus you may choose for picking Consume...

Oh, it looks like you're right. I has assumed that someone picking trade would get to draw their cards first if there was about to be a reshuffle, but it doesn't say that in the rules, only that they must trade a good before applying their consume powers. Edit - I've rewritten my post to remove the incorrect statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.