Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
What does the sentence "An activated unit receives movement points (MPs) equal to the player's initiative number" (6.0, first sentence) mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, "initiative" and "activation" seem to be used interchangeably. But as your subject line suggests, I interpret 6.0 to mean a unit's movement points are equal to the player's activation number, not the unit's initiative rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Initiative number is an artifact from an earlier draft = use activation number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game over the weekend and was impressed, good playabilty and easy rules. However, I did get confused by that statement above. Here is the example

As the Germans I roll a 4 for my "Activation" number. How mnay MPs does my German Panzer III Unit (AN=5) have?

I believe it should have

4 (my activation role) +1 for armor, for a total of 5 MP.

Is this correct?

Thanks
Erik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
page 4, 6.0 first paragraph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay now I am confused. The number listed on the counter is both the MP and the Activation Number. I get that from the sheet. However...

So if my unit is activated because of my impulse roll, I have interpreted that they get their full MP (+1 for armor).

From what I have read here I have played this element wrong. Is what you are saying that if my counter AN number is a 3 but I roll a one...I only get to move 1???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Hidalgo wrote:
The number listed on the counter is both the MP and the Activation Number.

No. The number is only the activation number. If you roll equal or less the unit is activated. In most wargames the third number is movement points but not in this one.

El Hidalgo wrote:
So if my unit is activated because of my impulse roll, I have interpreted that they get their full MP (+1 for armor).

There is nothing like "full". The best is 5 + 1 for Pz. III if this is what you think of "full".
They get movement points = activation number (+1 if armor)

El Hidalgo wrote:
Is what you are saying that if my counter AN number is a 3 but I roll a one...I only get to move 1???

Yes. 2 if armor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.