BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: How are "subscriptions" sorted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I wanted to visit a topic I knew I subscribed to "the other day", but I could not find it in my list of subscriptions. After deleting and adding, and re-adding and deleting subscriptions (to try to figure out where they were going) I finally figured out (?) that it appears (?) that the list is sorted by the DATE of the article YOU REPLIED TO, not the date you replied. Is this correct?

So if I reply to an old post from 1-10-2007, but today it is 1-13-2008, and then SUBSCRIBE to this thread... the subscription will be sorted under 1-10-2007 in my list of subscriptions. Which for me was somewhere near the TOP of my subscriptions, not at the bottom where *most* of them appear (probably because most posts I reply to are more recent).

This doesn't make much sense if true, especially since I RARELY look at the date of the post I'm replying to. But at the very least it would be ideal to sort your subscriptions by the date you posted, not by the date of the post you replied to. Does this make sense?

If there's a way to do this, I can't find it! Thanks for listening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking for a reply you made on a particular date, go into "My Geek" and the contributions tab.

You will see the various types of contributions you can make to the site on the right of your screen, with the number you have made of each.

If you are looking for a reply in a forum, click on the number next to "forum replies", you will get a list of all your replies in order of the date YOU posted (newest first).

The only snag with this is you have to remember what sort of thread it was, geeklist, forum thread, game thread etc. Sometimes I search for something I thought I posted in a thread, only to find it later when I look through my "geeklist comments".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:
If you are looking for a reply you made on a particular date, go into "My Geek" and the contributions tab.

Thanks for the tips, Chris. I don't think I ever used that contributions section before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.