Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 questions - 2nd Round of Combat... and Sentinel! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stupid question but I really am having a hard time figuring things out with the rulebook their provided in the Talisman game.

When you combat a monster and lose, you lose a life. I got that - that ends the round. At the start of the next round, do you fight again, or do you role and move? It seems you can only evade with special cards/abilities so I'm a little unclear on the combat part - whether you have to keep fighting each round or you move and leave the monster on the spot you vacated.

Also, do you have to LAND on the Sentinel spot to enter the Middle Region or do you move to the Sentinel, fight it, and move down. Same in reverse - do you have to LAND on the spot that'll let you go back UP to the Outer Region or can you move and slide on up to finish your movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
All My Hits Are Crits
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only encounter (and thus have to fight) monsters when you land on them. So if you start your turn on a space with a encounter you don't deal with it. You roll and move to another space.

You do not have to land on the Sentinel to enter the middle region. It is a bridge connecting the outer and middle region. You just need a high enough roll to move on or thru it to the other side. When you do this you must fight or evade the Sentinel. If you win you move into the middle region as far as the move would take you. If you fail you stop on the Sentinel space and lose a life. On your next turn you can roll and move in the outer region or roll and try to face the Sentinel again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.