Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always been curious as to what the general consensus amongst BGG R&Bers was. I couldn't find any comments on this topic except for what Doug said here.

We simply shuffle the chits face-down and make a stack next to the appropriate mine.

I can't imagine the hassle of trying to keep the stickers on the baggie, and you'd still have to avert thine eyes and shuffle the chits in the bag when it was time to produce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have only played solitaire so far and no need for the baggies (in solitaire, there is a specifc order the mine produces - so I just stack in order).

It seems to me the baggies would be a hassle. In fact, I actually tossed the bags out (well into a separate bin I keep spare parts) because I forgot they were a part of the game. I had to grab them back not long ago and make sure they stayed in the box.

It seems to me the stickers would come off very easily. I would think a permanent black marker would be better if you went the baggie route. The clear bags concerned me a bit but it's not that hard to turn your head away.

I like the idea of a face down shuffle and stack though. I may try that once I get into multi-player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael dorazio
United States
Tyngsboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just use the face down shuffle. Those baggies blow.

"Face Down Shuffle" sounds like it deserves to be followed by ".com".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use baggies but I've replaced them with something larger that I can get my fingers into. Less wear and tear on the chits in the long run. The "face down shuffle" led to some pretty worn stickers on the copy of Hammer of the Scots that was traded to me. I've avoided this practice on any game components of mine ever since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We always just draw a circle on the plexiglass in an unused location and mark it with a number. We don't bother shuffling since we prefer to play without that random factor in multiplayer as well as solitaire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the baggies. The stickers have stayed on and turning my head to shuffle and reach in the baggie has been no problem either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We use the bags, but we affixed the stickers to the inside of the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calm Fluffy Bunnies
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use plastic beer tasting cups. Just have to remember not to drink the new mines no matter how tasty they look....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dmart wrote:
We use the bags, but we affixed the stickers to the inside of the bag.

Clever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use the baggies. I also use the face down shuffle. That way the chits are right next to the mine to remind you to produce each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
We use black cylindrical film canisters. Put the number labels directly on the lids and use the itty bitty baggies in another game. Shake 'em and draw a chit when required. They provide the feel of a mine shaft, and also fit inside (our) box. We leave them on the tile they belong with, which adds the coolness factor of some industrialization going on.

Fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Liumas wrote:
We use black cylindrical film canisters. Put the number labels directly on the lids and use the itty bitty baggies in another game. Shake 'em and draw a chit when required. They provide the feel of a mine shaft, and also fit inside (our) box. We leave them on the tile they belong with, which adds the coolness factor of some industrialization going on.

Fantastic!
What we need to do is use some skulpty or play doh to make some mine shaft entries that you could take the pieces out of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy didn't come with mine bags. We don't miss them either. A face-down stack works fine and keeps things local.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My original bags got a little roughed up by my toddler and she also lost a few of the stickers.

I had a stash of the little bags GMT gives with their games, so I switched to those. They work better since they are a little wider and shorter, making it much easier to get the counters out of the bag. I just write the number on the side of the bag with a sharpie. So far so good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Face down shuffle the resources and then stack them on top of the mine cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
we decided upon first mine building that the baggies seemed like unnecessary hassle. we did face down shuffle and stack on the mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liumas wrote:
... black cylindrical film canisters... fit inside (our) box

laugh

Of course they fit! I've owned cars that would fit inside a R&B box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.