Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The battlebox does not look and feel like it could withstand sustained use...
Any experiences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Kodama
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mb
We've played 7 games with it. The box itself is doing okay, but the the dice channel is already starting to show some wear from fingernails trying to pull it out. It is also easy to push the dice channel too far in and bend the box.

We haven't done it yet, but others have recommended buying 6 different colored dice, scanning the Battlebox side, and assign each die color to spots 1 through 6 (the Battlebox has only six casualty categories that repeat itself).

Even though the Battlebox was an interesting concept, after unpacking the game, you could tell it would be a weak point.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 12 different colored dice and have printed up my own strip to correspond with the battle box. No more battle box for me. Other wise I love the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Thomas
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wandr wrote:
We've played 7 games with it. The box itself is doing okay, but the the dice channel is already starting to show some wear from fingernails trying to pull it out. It is also easy to push the dice channel too far in and bend the box.

Though I haven't played yet (curse classes!), I was concerned that the tray was too difficult to pull out, so I've stashed a couple toothpicks in the game box. The pull tab sort of folds over in a loop and a toothpick fits perfectly through there and makes it much much easier to pull out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It definitely needs a bit of reinforcement to withstand extensive play. Alternatively, you could try to make your own from plasticard or some material more suited to extensive use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.