Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Walton
United States
Springfield
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just got the game and we played 3 games with me being the Union and my opponent being the "they are NOT nazis". It seems to me the Reich has a huge advantage on the indoor map. They are better at hand to hand due to the girl with the whip and the guy with the demon hand. Plus they have two guys who can target opponents around corners (the Doom gun guy and the old magic zombie guy). All the while I'm having trouble even being able to shoot guys due to the minimum range of my guns.

So what's the answer? Smoke helped a little, but the whip girl jumped in from my entry point and killed my goggled leader. Then magic zombie guy just started making my guys wander towards demon hand guy or shoot around corners guy and they got pickied off one by one. My big guy with the knife put up a good fight until he got melted by a magic skull...

More knives would help. The lack of HtH weapons makes their trooper much better than mine while inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Strope
United States
kansas city
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the Reich has the advantage on that side of the map, but if you flip it, the advantage goes to the union. This is really a game of cat and mouse. You want to draw the enemy towards you, close enough that you can pop out and shoot them first. Combat is lethal, especially with the union. With your auto-kill guns, you have a good chance of getting a 1-shot kill. this can help your odds tremendously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Moore
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I agree with Jeremy. Movement is critical in this game. You must very very carefully plan your movement for each of your models. You must stall and try to force your opponent to make that critical movement error that allows you to step out, fire, then retreat back to relative saftey. The Reich does have a big advantage, IF, they use their movement carefully. My first game as the Reich I was a bit careless with my movement. Not really understanding exactly how devastating a single combat with the Union could be. To say the least I was crushed by the Flash guns.
Interesting game. Wish I got to play it more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.