Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Nordstrom
United States
Drums
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello...I'm looking for a strategic-level Am. Revolution game that is not We the People. I love CDGs but I'm not a huge fan of WtP, mainly because I don't like the Battle-card system. I'm looking for other options, particularly games with a playing time of around 3 hours or less.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liberty

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/6719
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there's my copy of 1776 which I'll gladly trade or sell you.

Columbia Games has Liberty, a block game which uses cards, but not the same system as WTP.

And there are some magazine games which covered the topic at that level, but they may be hard to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also this one from 3W back in the day: Give Me Liberty
EDIT: probably does not meet the 3-hour requirement. Actually, I doubt any game other than WTP will meet that requirement.

Or you could replace the battle card system in WTP with little effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1776 is actually a fairly decent game. I've heard that Liberty: The American Revolution 1775-83 is also. Liberty nicely depicts the differences between the approaches of the two armies which is a nice touch. The bluffing element due to the blocks in Liberty is also nice. You could probably get 1776 for some pocket change if you tried hard. Liberty should be available through your preferred game store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
For a great, and by that, I mean AWESOME computer game, get Birth of America from www.ageod.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.