Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may still be obvious, but I haven't been able to find the answers-

If you play Pandemonium(You may not play support cards), can you play boosters?

If I put down a support that says I attract an extra dragon if you retreat, and you put down the character card that says you may not attract dragons, the may not takes precedent as long as it is active?

And this last one is probably very obvious.. character cards covered by boosters are still active, correct?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shepherd
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okeydoke:

1. "Support" and "booster" are two different kinds of card; if a card says "you may not play support cards" it does not mean "you may not play support or booster cards."

2. If you may not attract dragons, it doesn't matter whether you would otherwise attract one or two or three or eight dragons. You may not attract any dragons. Period.

3. Correct! The numbers and power text are generally left uncovered and visible, and the booster covers the bottom two-thirds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response! Our game was put temporarily on hold.

One more question...

Shields are still confusing.. you just ignore the current power(of the shield) and start with the new character card's power, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
Shields are still confusing.. you just ignore the current power(of the shield) and start with the new character card's power, correct?

The best way to look at shields is actually the precise way to look at shields.

When you play (with or without shields) you put down character cards, booster cards, support cards and so on, and work out your power - and your opponent's power. And then you get to your Announce Power phase. Now if your power is greater than or equal to your opponent's power, all is well, carry on. If it's smaller, you've got a problem. (Which you solve by backtracking and either trying again or retreating, but that's not important right now.)

Now if you have a shield in the current element it's all exactly the same - except that when you get to your Announce Power phase it doesn't matter what your power is, you can continue. Greater than, equal to, less than, doesn't matter.

Now what about your opponent's next turn? Well it carries on exactly as usual - and he has to equal or exceed your power. His old power? Irrelevant. That's not part of the problem. What he has to do is equal or exceed your total power (the shield is now irrelevant).

OK. Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes... I think I got it. Appreciate the explanation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.