Popular Tags: [View All]
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received this game today after purchasing it from another user here on BGG. My soon to be 4 year old son Caleb is ALWAYS fascinated by any new boxes that come in the mail or UPS and always inquires what new game daddy got. He then naturally wants to play the game, so daddy and son will usually sit down and "play" the game, and this game was no exception.

I pulled it out of the box to sort everything and he immediately wanted to play, so I gave him a green car and he gave me a blue car and off we went, with Daddy giving a assistance in deciding when to shift up or down. The first lap was pretty uneventful and I was leading after the first lap. The second lap was quite a different story. We were coming up on a curve but still had what I thought was a pretty large distance to cover and I recommended to him to roll the purple die (5th gear), but he was quite adamant that he wanted to roll the green die (4th gear)...so he rolled the green die - and naturally got just the right number to hit the turn without blowing past...which daddy then proceeded to do when he rolled the purple die - not only did daddy blow by, it also put him right up against the next curve so that dad had to downshift 2 gears and roll the red die. During this time, Caleb just kept right on rolling the green die and quickly left dad in the dust. To put further injury to it, the dice rolls kept leaving dad right in front of the curves instead of inside, forcing an additional roll in the lower gear. Dad also lost alot more life tokens than Caleb did...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Baxter
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't ya love it when your lil guy ignores your advise and destroys you?! surprise (Been there shake ) Thanks for the nice report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play different games with my seven year old sister from time to time (never played this though) and it always stunns me when she manages to win without me letting her do so. My (silent) reaction is "Hell, I just got beat at a childs game by a kid!". My "official" reaction though is more in the vicinity of "Oh ... well done!"

Can't wait to play this game with her. She really liked Ronnie Peterson Formula 1, so maybe she'll like this too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.