John Menke
United States
California
flag msg tools

Hi everyone!

Once again, I just wanted to thank everybody for tuning into my "Settler from Catan" youtube comedy series. Its been really great to hear all of your responses to the videos. The full Episode II is now online. This has been a really fun project (ALMOST as fun as the playing the game itself!).

Even when most people in New York had no idea what Catan was, everyone was still fascinated with the concept of a resource-trading super hero.

A lot of the time people would mis-read my fake Catan necklace and yell out things like "Hey! Catman!" or just randomly blurt out "Spiderman!"laugh

If you haven't seen the videos yet, check them out on my channel and let me know what you think. There's only a couple more "episodes," which I'm still editing together

http://www.youtube.com/johnjohnsonboys

Thanks,

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mb
LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
So will we get to see him use his Strip Club pass? devil

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear in a handful of dust
United States
California
flag msg tools
I can only wonder "WHY?!" between laughter. Sort of amazing that nobody realizes what he's doing considering he's got CATAN written across his chest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brafman
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very funny. It also shows how little even the most famous eurogame has penetrated the USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Enthusiast wrote:
I can only wonder "WHY?!" between laughter. Sort of amazing that nobody realizes what he's doing considering he's got CATAN written across his chest.

"Amazing"??? 'Settlers Of Catan,' while a hugely successful game (compared to several others) is still relatively unknown in the United States.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Looking forward to the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Pruitt
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Menke
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ogma wrote:
Board Enthusiast wrote:

"Amazing"??? 'Settlers Of Catan,' while a hugely successful game (compared to several others) is still relatively unknown in the United States.

It's funny you say that because while my friend and I were filming this on the streets of New York City (all in one long, fun, but crazy day), we did in fact run into a couple of fellow Catan fans who almost couldn't believe what they were seeing. It was awesome. surprise

Of course, one of them was from Italy, but the others were all from the States. Who knows? Hopefully it will get more popular here though!

A couple of them even let us interview them - which I'll show in some upcoming episodes. Stay tuned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Passmore
United States
Hymera
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Great laughs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Quite excellent! You should probably incorporate the "Thief", sort of along the lines of that "Hamburglar" fellow, and once anyone HAD "made a trade", then HE swoops in and steals that! Have his logo being a '7' or even spelled out as "SE7EN" and carrying a 'box'! Then have his would-be 'victims' exclaiming: "WHAT's in the BOX?!?"
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Absolutely hilarious. YouTube has saved me from this wretched writer's strike. (Please come back, 30 Rock .sniff.)

I've seen Settlers crop up in the weirdest places. Strangest was seeing a group of Monks playing at the Tibetan Cultural Center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al op
Chile
flag msg tools
i see the five videos
especially the 4 that is relly good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.