Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few hours reviewing all the information I could find about this game, I took the plunge and pre-ordered it. I'm a fan of solo war game systems (My first was Battle Hymn when I was a teen).

I stumbled upon this game by chance when I was researching Blackbeard at GMT's page and saw the attractive banner. My attention was immediately drawn and I was surprised to find so little activity here on BGG...

Let's hope this game gets the attention it deserves and the 100 people needed for it to go to print quickly sign up

In the mean time I'll try to start playing my recently acquired copy of Ambush!...

-Jorge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for signing on. I hope you enjoy!

Ben Hull, Designer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've seen, I think I'm going to like the game a lot. I like solo boardgames in general and wargames in special (I've played Battle Hymn and today I finally played the first mission from Ambush!, which as I said before, I recently got)

But although scripted games work very well the first time you play them, they don't have much re-playability, as you know key aspects of the mission the second time around.

This is why I'm excited about this game. It seems to me that with Fields of Fire, the missions are much more unpredictable, even when being re-played. I also love the modular map (Another favorite of mine: Magic Realm uses both those features to generate different adventure each time you play it) and the campaign mode. It looks like a great game system that can be used to create many different kinds of missions.

Cheers,

-Jorge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
castiglione
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
I can't wait for this one to come out.

This game, plus D-Day at Omaha Beach, are the games I'll be waiting for.

It's kind of strange that they're both solo infantry-centric games. And I'm the type of guy who usually likes running around pretending to be an airplane and making vroom-ing noises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up for it too. Hey! I've got a question. If you are down to a few soldiers do you get a card with a Chinaman with a drooping mustach with the words Few Manchus? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
maka wrote:
From what I've seen, I think I'm going to like the game a lot. I like solo boardgames in general and wargames in special (I've played Battle Hymn and today I finally played the first mission from Ambush!, which as I said before, I recently got)

But although scripted games work very well the first time you play them, they don't have much re-playability, as you know key aspects of the mission the second time around.

This is why I'm excited about this game. It seems to me that with Fields of Fire, the missions are much more unpredictable, even when being re-played. I also love the modular map (Another favorite of mine: Magic Realm uses both those features to generate different adventure each time you play it) and the campaign mode. It looks like a great game system that can be used to create many different kinds of missions.

Cheers,

-Jorge

Thanks, and you point out the aspects I like about the game. I have played some missions over and over and none are the same. Sure there are some similarities, but the terrain, contact and enemy activity is unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.