Popular Tags: [View All]
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hunny Pot Picnic is a simple game for very young children.

The game includes a hunny pot with a spring operated spinning ball shaped indicator to determine whether you get the hunny and can play the turn, or whether the bees appear and you have to pass the turn. This is the most interesting thing about the game, and my son wanted to play with this more than play the game. An interesting note was mine did not work after I bought it new. But it was very easy to take apart, and attach the spring which had come loose along the way.

There are twenty (20) circle discs (called Tokens) with Pooh's friends (Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Rabbit, and Roo) on one side, and a Hunny Pot on the other side. There is also one Pooh Token. There are also ten (10) cards with I'm Hungry! or I'm Full! on them. These cards are pretty useless since the Hunny Pot performs the exact same function.

They included two difficulty levels of play:

Level One: Is a simple collection game to collect the most Tokens. First you look at a card, and if it says I'm Full!, you pass your turn. If the card says I’m Hungry!, you get to activate the Hunny Pot. If the Hunny Pot doesn't show bees when it is activated, you collect a Token (the Tokens remain face down so only the Hunny Pot side is in play). The player with the most Hunny Tokens wins. This requires no skill, and is decided solely by whether you pick up the right card, or whether the pot spins right.

Level Two: Requires some memory skills. The procedure is exactly as Level One, but if you get a Token you turn it over. If it is one of Pooh’s friends that you have not collected, you take it. If you flip over a Token of a Pooh friend you have already collected, you turn it back over, so that other players can remember where it was and can collect it on their turn. If the Pooh Token is turned over, it remains face up. Once a player collects all of Pooh’s friends, they can collect the Pooh Token on the next turn (if it has been located) and win the game.

My son never really wanted to play this game. He was far more interested in the Hunny Pot gimmick, and preferred to play with it as a toy than anything else.

This is a game if your child doesn’t want to play, you definitely won’t want to play. The Hunny Pot indicator is pretty cool, and if your child is into Pooh, the pieces and pot will be fun to play with. This was the first game I ever played with my son though, so I will always have some fondness for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.