Subject: Looking for game shops in Rome rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I will be in Rome for a couple of days in late February. Can anyone out there tell me where the best game or game/comic shops in Rome are please?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Matone
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Paul

You may try "Strategia e tattica", Via Cavour 248/250. It's one of the olders game shops in Rome. you will find tabletop wargames, Euros, Classical wargames (AH style) and more. It's not very big but it's interesting, and the staff is friendly and competent.

I hope you will have a good stay in Rome... I was born in there but I've moved in Paris 7 years ago... shake

Raffaele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you for your help Raffaele!

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rattone wrote:

You may try "Strategia e tattica",

I visited "Strategia e Tattica" last Tuesday on your recommendation. I thought that the selection of games that the had was very nice and very varied considering the size of the store.

I picked up "Through the Desert" and would have picked up "Dungeon Twister" except it was the Italian edition (and I dont speak Italian. That wasnt a problem with Through the Desert).

Rattone wrote:

and the staff is friendly and competent.

They certainly were. Thank you again for your recommendation, it improved my brief trip to Rome quite a bit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Matone
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul for your kind donation.
I'm happy you have had a good time.

Raffaele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys!

Hijacking this thread for a follow-up question on any other Board game shops in Rome?

I will be staying near Termini during the weekend and I MIGHT be able to visit such a shop (probably...).

Any recommendations besides Strategia e Tattica?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Mecci
Italy
Capena
Lazio
flag msg tools
badge
LUDOFORO
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciao Joe

I advise Avalon Rome

Avalon Roma di Giuseppe Gennaro
V.le delle Milizie n.86
cap 00192 Roma
Tel: 0664564168

try some games on Saturday mornings

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/48314
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grazie Andrea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to stop at the Strategy and Tactis store on May 18, 2012, and found it shuttered with a "For Rent" sign in the window. Perhaps it has moved elsewhere but it is no longer at 248-250 Via Cavour.

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Greg,

it was closed in July. Now it has became Strategia Nona and the new address is Via Niso 54.

gregandjan wrote:
I tried to stop at the Strategy and Tactis store on May 18, 2012, and found it shuttered with a "For Rent" sign in the window. Perhaps it has moved elsewhere but it is no longer at 248-250 Via Cavour.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain BOUCAULT
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

I was in Roma in July, 2012

I suggest this gameshop.

Avalon Roma
Viale delle Milizie 86
Roma

The owner gave me a lot of good advices on games "made in Italy"

Nice place.

SB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
NoMorgan wrote:
Hi,
Some fresh news about Roma

And I was in this gameshop.

Avalon Roma
Viale delle Milizie 86
Roma

So, this store is still in activty, and this is a really good store.
SB

If you asked in advance you could have learned that on 7 of July it has opened a new branch of the underground, the B1, that has the station of Sant'Agnese/Annibaliano that is near shop Strategia & Tattica 2 that in Via Massaciuccoli 78. So you saw just one shop instead of two, and the second is larger, has a gaming area and, at present, organizes gaming sessions on Wednesday evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman C
Ukraine
flag msg tools
NoMorgan wrote:
Hi everybody,

I suggest this gameshop.

Avalon Roma
Viale delle Milizie 86
Roma

Nice place.

SB

Visited this shop today.
It's just about 15 mins of walking from Vatican or 25 mins from Borghese park area.
Nice variety of games, lots of good advices from the owners.

P.S. Valerio, thanks for the sleeves for 7 Wonders -- it was a very nice present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Paraskevopoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NoMorgan wrote:
Hi everybody,

I suggest this gameshop.

Avalon Roma
Viale delle Milizie 86
Roma

Nice place.

SB

We visited the store last Saturday with my wife, on our trip to Roma.

Really nice place with lots of board games and gamers!

The owner was very friendly and hospitable. He gave us information about for games "made in Italy" and others!!

A "must visit" for Rome visitors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Q
Germany
flag msg tools
Nobody suggesting Giocofollia?

Piazza della Balduina, 35
00136 Roma
06 35343713

Boardgame-wise it's the best of all in Rome. Huge selection and one of the people managing the shop is a fanatic player and can give you real suggestions and answer to your questions with competence.

Don't be frightened by the videogame showcase at the entrance: the board games are at the second floor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is hard to reach for a tourist.
saharo wrote:
Nobody suggesting Giocofollia?

Piazza della Balduina, 35
00136 Roma
06 35343713

Boardgame-wise it's the best of all in Rome. Huge selection and one of the people managing the shop is a fanatic player and can give you real suggestions and answer to your questions with competence.

Don't be frightened by the videogame showcase at the entrance: the board games are at the second floor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Potemkin
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Wherever I stand I stand with Israel
mbmbmb
I visited Avalon Roma 3 week ago. Nice little shop, I had a chat with the owner and bought a used copy of Successors (third edition) in nearly mint condition.

Its not far from the Vatican city and easy to reach on foot.

Cheers,

Michail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates on Rome boardgame shops? I will be there in the beginning of November 2013. Looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexst wrote:
Any updates on Rome boardgame shops? I will be there in the beginning of November 2013. Looking forward to it!

This is a quite old thread Alex, there are other more recent threads on the matter. Anyway the present situation of shops is as follows:

Strategia e Tattica 2 in Via Massaciuccoli 78, nearest underground station Sant'Agnese/Annibaliano (blue Line). They have the space and organize gaming sessions sometimes even at evening.
Strategia Nova, the former Strategia & Tattica, in Via Niso 54, nearest underground station Furio Camillo (orange line).
SoloGiochi in Via Catania 83, nearest underground station Piazza Bologna (blue Line).
Avalon Roma in Viale delle Milizie 86, nearest underground station Ottaviano (orange line).
If you want to play there is La Civetta sul Comò in Via Cereate 8, a gaming pub, nearest underground station is San Giovanni area (orange line).
For other things at your request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for that.

Is the shop at plaza della Balduina 35 still available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Brugnoni
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think so =)

there's also Stazione Gioco, in via Gualdo Tadino 27 (a few hundred meter from Furio Camillo station on red line underground). The owner is a gamer aswell, got a nice selection but mostly they have miniature games.
oh the got lots of tables to play also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexst wrote:
Thanks a lot for that.

Is the shop at plaza della Balduina 35 still available?

Probably it is, but I don't report it since it is not easyly reachable for a tourist, then, if you stay longer it can start to be affordable. The four shops that I reported can be visited in a day since they are within a ten minutes walk from an underground station, Piazza della Balduina requires urban buses that I advice to avoid since are time consuming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your help.

Looking forward to the city and the game shops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Zorzo
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheeper wrote:
alexst wrote:

This is a quite old thread Alex, there are other more recent threads on the matter. Anyway the present situation of shops is as follows:

Strategia e Tattica 2 in Via Massaciuccoli 78, nearest underground station Sant'Agnese/Annibaliano (blue Line). They have the space and organize gaming sessions sometimes even at evening.
Strategia Nova, the former Strategia & Tattica, in Via Niso 54, nearest underground station Furio Camillo (orange line).
SoloGiochi in Via Catania 83, nearest underground station Piazza Bologna (blue Line).
Avalon Roma in Viale delle Milizie 86, nearest underground station Ottaviano (orange line).
If you want to play there is La Civetta sul Comò in Via Cereate 8, a gaming pub, nearest underground station is San Giovanni area (orange line).

Went to some of these shops last week.

SoloGiochi is closed.

I think the guy at Avalon Roma was busy and didn't want to talk much.

The guys at Strategia e Tattica 2 were really nice. We talked about the games, got some nice tips. Really nice shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brusazorzo wrote:
BlackSheeper wrote:
alexst wrote:

Went to some of these shops last week.

SoloGiochi is closed.

I think the guy at Avalon Roma was busy and didn't want to talk much.

The guys at Strategia e Tattica 2 were really nice. We talked about the games, got some nice tips. Really nice shop.

Glad to hear that you find useful the infos, really sorry to see that you got an old thread. SoloGiochi has moved, if you look in th last thread on the matter: Game stores in Rome? you will find updated infos.
Anyway thanks for reporting back, so I can forward people to up to date infos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.