Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wotw [+] [View All]
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New week, new wolf, and this week happens to be a favorite of mine, which is why I picked her ... the luminary celestial, the wafting gardener, the huntress of the night ... MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess wrote:
I know it's been awhile since I've shown my avatar around here and I intend to make up for that real soon!

The easiest way to describe my personality is to tell you the nickname I earned from a lifelong friend ... and that is The Sunshine Kid (blond hair and all!).

Ever since a young girl I've enjoyed playing games and it never seemed like I got enough of them in growing up. I consider myself ever so fortunate to have been friends with MunchWolf as he was the first person to introduce me to the wonders of a gaming group *gasp* what joy, what bliss to know there were people out there who actually got together to play games for hours on end!

It wasn't until I became a part of ECG in Seattle that I even heard of werewolf and it was with great reluctance that I tried my hand at it for the first time face to face. Incredibly it turned out I enjoyed playing! I wouldn't go so far as to say I was terribly good at it but at least I was having fun ... and then I found out you could play online!

I didn't need to worry about the fact that every time I was trying to hide information (whether it be truth or lie) nobody could see the brilliant red blush upon my face! I did little else for about a year after I joined BGG than play WW, go to work, eat, and sleep, and game of course. I even managed to mod my own games! (shameless plug: look for WAFT4 coming soon)

At the moment I am living in Indiana again (my homestate) but am really looking forward to returning to WA where I have always wanted to live!

And now for the moment of honesty:
MoonGoddess wrote:
Let's see ... 2 truths and 1 lie ...
My favorite thing to talk about is plants
I have never gone swimming off the coast of WA
I can speak French

-Munch "she forgot to add, she's cute as a button too" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Gratz on WotW Moongoddess!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luthien wrote:
Gratz on WotW Moongoddess!!!

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You Thank You
It is such a pleasure to be here accepting the honor of WotW

*MG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you do any arts/crafts?

What kind(s) of music do you listen to most?

Why the nickname "MoonGoddess"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My arts/crafts include crocheting, learning how to knit, attempting to do needlepoint, I know how to sew (can even follow a pattern!), I draw and paint (or, rather, I used to) and am pretty good at both (won some ribbons at the 4-H fair both county and state level), I used to do other things like ceramics when I was younger but haven't had time or resources for many years to keep it up.

I like all kinds of music so I most like listening to my ipod since there's a little of most everything on it. Country, 80's, 90's, showtunes, classical and soft rock are probably my biggest genre groups. Celine Dion, Garbage, Lisa Loeb, Garth Brooks, Pet Shop Boys, Def Leppard, and Aerosmith are the artists whose songs I have the most of (although I may have missed a few ...)

The answer to 'why the nickname MoonGoddess' is actually in my Cassie profile but I'll expound on that brief explanation here. My rl name is Diane and a long time ago when I was at Purdue University I got introduced to chat rooms so I'm trying to think of something unique that says a little bit about me and finally ended up down the road of Diane is almost Diana who is the Roman Goddess of the hunt and the *moon* and from there got MoonGoddess
I do actually have another nickname that is not as widely known, we banes can be a bit secretive, my good friend Butterbane dubbed me Breadbane some years ago after we had been best friends for several years and she became aware of my love of bread and decided I should henceforth be known as the slayer of bread (aka Breadbane)

I hope that was more instead of less than what you wanted to know from your queries

*MG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a "Gardening" microbadge. What do you like best about gardening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing I like best about gardening is choosing which plants I want to put where in my yard. I try to get something happening all year round in each area of my yard, whether it be flowers, fruits, or colorful foliage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States

Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Moon! I think you may have been in the first game I played here. It's good to see you around again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya Moon,

Congratz on Wolf of the Week...

#2 is the lie. For soem reason it doesn't fit my perception of you.

Obviously you like plants with a gardening microbadge and any plant related werewolf games. Name your favorite flowers or plants? Are you big on trees?

Whats your favorite WW moment?

Least favorite moment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I know which one is your lie!!

Muhahahaha!

Cause I got you to do it! devil

love me?

Yeah, Breadbane! Between the two of us breakfast does not stand a chance!

~Butters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*giggles*

"Congrats, Moon!!"

"And I know the lie as well."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats moon!

What makes the perfect WW game?

Which super villian are you?
(http://www.thesuperheroquiz.com/villain/)

Does it disturb you that up until a few minutes ago I thought your avatar was a large severed head?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on WotW!

I also enjoy Gardening which i why I loved your Waft games so much. Looking forward to the next one!

What is your current favorite flower, plant, or weed ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on WotW!

I also enjoy Gardening which i why I loved your Waft games so much. Looking forward to the next one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ctrzn wrote:
Congrats Moon! I think you may have been in the first game I played here. It's good to see you around again.

Thanks It's good to be back and hopefully I can find the time to mod my next WAFT game before I start work this spring!

*MG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whirlinghurly wrote:
Hiya Moon,

Congratz on Wolf of the Week...

#2 is the lie. For soem reason it doesn't fit my perception of you.

Obviously you like plants with a gardening microbadge and any plant related werewolf games. Name your favorite flowers or plants? Are you big on trees?

Whats your favorite WW moment?

Least favorite moment?

Thank You and in regards to the guess on which of my comments is the lie:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Very Good! I actually have been swimming off the coast of WA, and brr is it chilly!

Wow, favorite flowers or plants ... that is such a hard one for me because I like so many! In fact, it would be easier to mention the ones I don't like. (For example I don't tend to like shrubs or evergreens with variegated foliage.) But I'll try to list a few of the things I absolutely have to have in my yard no matter what. Old Fashioned Lilac shrub, Lily of the Valley, Iris, and English Roses to name a few I'm not as keen on trees but that's mostly because I have yet to own a yard big enough to put them in without shading everything else and making it impossible to have a bunch of my other favorites. If I have room though I would love to have a Laburnum tree (but I don't think they grow here anyway), also a Viridis and Full Moon Japanese Maple Tree, and Cherry trees so I can make Cherry Pie and eat them fresh off the tree!

My favorite ww moment was in a game Alexfrog ran quite awhile back where I helped good to win the game. It was long enough ago that I don't remember the specifics but I was very proud of myself for making the revelation that I did (also really enjoyed figuring out some of his puzzles in another game)

My least favorite moment was in one of MunchWolf's Elftown games where I completely forgot to vote and therefore my evil wolf partner got lynched cry

Okay, I think I've rambled on more than enough here (see what happens when I get to talk about plants?! lol)

*MG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterbane wrote:
I know which one is your lie!!

Muhahahaha!

Cause I got you to do it! devil

love me?

Yeah, Breadbane! Between the two of us breakfast does not stand a chance!

~Butters

Yah, yah, you have inside info being my best friend and all laugh

*MG

p.s. Yah, I guess I still love you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheArchAngel wrote:
*giggles*

"Congrats, Moon!!"

"And I know the lie as well."

Thank You Thank You
I'd be disappointed if you didn't know the lie although we have yet to get you to join us! devil

*MG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redhawke wrote:
Grats moon!

Does it disturb you that up until a few minutes ago I thought your avatar was a large severed head?

Thanks!

IMO a fun theme as well as actions for vanillagers make for a perfect ww game.

Your results:
You are Dark Phoenix

A prime example of emotional extremes: Passion and fury incarnate.

Dark Phoenix 59%

Poison Ivy 58%

Mystique 52%

The Joker 44%

Riddler 43%

Juggernaut 40%

Catwoman 37%

Venom 36%

Apocalypse 31%

Mr. Freeze 29%

Two-Face 28%

Dr. Doom 24%

Lex Luthor 23%

Magneto 23%

Kingpin 17%

Green Goblin 12%

Click here to take the "Which Super Villain am I?" quiz...

And yes, I find it most disturbing that I could have been thought to have a severed heas as my avatar. *shudder* urg

*MG

p.s. Thanks for the cool quiz cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Freyja wrote:
Congrats on WotW!

Thanks

Yay! I'm so glad you like my ww theme, I'm working on getting the next one into signups before the end of next week. And if you ever have a garden question (or want to share a really cool plant pic) I'm all ears (and eyes)!

Lol, favorite weed huh? well, I've always had a softspot for Henbit, just thought the soft purply flowers were so cute! 'Course my parents wouldn't listen to me and leave it in their yard
As for favorite flower or plant you may have seen my reply to Whirlinghurly that it's really tough to pick one but since you said current I'd have to go with Verbascum (any color!) even though they don't all do well here or any of the Toadlilies that have spotted flowers (so exotic looking!) or maybe Thalictrum ... see, there I go, getting carried away again ... and of course I should mention Belle Etoile Mockorange and Himalayan Honeysuckle (not fragrant but gorgeous flowers followed by stunning fruit!)

*MG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Redhawke wrote:
Grats moon!

Oh! That will make her happy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Moon!! I really enjoyed playing in your WAFT series. (I really really hate weeds in real life though)

Do you like lavender bushes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on butterbane's comment above, I'm going with 2 as the lie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JCwid wrote:
Congratulations Moon!! I really enjoyed playing in your WAFT series. (I really really hate weeds in real life though)

Do you like lavender bushes?

Thanks

You bet I like lavender bushes! I had some of the most fragrant ones at my last house ... *sigh* too bad I forgot what named variety they were.

*MG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.