Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
art cohen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm going out on a limb here, since this isn't exactly the most heavily-trafficked game on the Geek, but maybe someone will see this and post a reply. I've been obsessed with this game ever since I read Scarne's Complete Guide to Gambling (which mentions this game), many years ago.

I finally scored a copy on Ebay, and even picked up a copy of Scarne on Teeko and browbeat my wife (then girlfriend, this was a while ago!) into playing it with me a few times.

The thing is... even after playing it, and reading the whole book, I couldn't detect any actual strategy in this game. Am I missing something?

As far as I can tell, the game seemed to consist of waiting for your opponent to make a mistake. Even the sample games printed in the book seem to proceed like that.

The reason I'm posting is that a few people have added comments indicating that they enjoy this game. So, am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure any strategies for N-in-a-row games, or Mills/Morris, will help here regarding what works best. Basic idea is to create multiple in a row threats that your opponent can't counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in general terms the majority of strategy games, as in war, relies on winning when opponent makes a mistake. The key is recognizing they are falling into a bad move and being in a position to capitalize yourself for the win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.