Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Go Flyers!
mbmbmbmbmb
After my first to games, (2 player and 3 player) I have one question:

What is the function of initiative? Is it simply meant to organize your attacks into phases? If a initiative 3 player kills a initiatve 2 or 1 does that mean the 2/1 initiative is lost before battle? If so we never played that way and I must have missed that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If at initiative 3, an initiative 2 token is killed, that 2 token does not attack.
So initiative is huge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Go Flyers!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, thats a huge difference! Now I like the game even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Pędich
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Wow, I never thought you could actually miss this rule surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Go Flyers!
mbmbmbmbmb
After checking every single word in the rulebook I finally found proof of the removal of one unit after its been successfully attacked, in the examples on page 14.

I guess its not a good time to mention that this example is contrary to the battle information much earlier in the rulebook that says to keep the unit on the board and flip it over after it is dead. The same place where it would be more logical to annouce that you can kill units before they have a chance to attack.

On the plus side they did repeat in several different places that same numbered units attack simultaneously, in order of their initiative number.

And no mention in the rules of bases attacking, but there it is in the example.

Yeah this rulebook is clear as crystal.

The hex is on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Pędich
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Dunno, I never had problems with these particular rules, always seemed obvious to me. Then again, perhaps the original Polish rules were more clear than the translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Go Flyers!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I figured it out. I was using the first edition rules. I dont own the game, I just took the files from this site.

Maybe it's more clear in the second edition.

Still a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a piece has a 3 initiative and somehow gets +1 added, is it a 4 initiative, or is 3 the highest a piece can go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is Initiative 4 then.
There is no Initiative limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Go Flyers!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played several times after getting the initiaive rules straight. What a difference. With so many units and combos it's impossible to write a rulebook to handle every case. So I move on from this.

But I must say it's a very fun game, very light and quick, and bound to be a game I play consistantly as time goes by. Its gonna be one of those games that gets suggested to be played to fit time constraints during game nights in between longer games, waiting for others to arrive, etc.

I feel it is one of those games that's easy to teach and takes a while to master.

Im looking forward to more scenarios and expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cactus Rex

Albany
New York
msg tools
so are you still playing it? i just acquired the game and am on my second game now! i came here to ask about higher than 3 initiatives... is it still an exciting game for you guys, especially with all the expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ram47 wrote:
It is Initiative 4 then.
There is no Initiative limit.
Well, there's no _upper_ limit. It can never be lower than 0, though. I.e. units that would gain an (additional) attack at initiative -1, don't get to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.