Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Plunk
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All,

I've posted an abridged version of the rules I use at some SF Bay area cons. Many of the photos posted to B-17 are from some of my games (not by me... but thanx to toeh poster[s]!)

A lot of the posts recently have been about multi-player/formation games. I will read these and try to answer soon.

I haven't been keeping up with the QOTS questions, but I will now.

Ron (Rallypoint)

PS - HI, Rene!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Ron!

Lots of people have been asking for them too so your timing is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Plunk
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
HEY! I KNOW YOU!!

Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronald,

Thank you for posting your rules. I have seen the pictures and along with the WBG con this has inspired me to put on a similar game here in the Mid West. I kind of started this latest flurry of interest in squadron supporting fire.

Another twist is that I would like to put this game on as a miniature game. Right now I have most of the fighters I will need (hopefully) and six bombers are put together, just need painting. My original question was how may fighters should I have ready for any one wave of attacks? I was thinking 24 each of Me109s and FW190s. along with about 10 Me110s. My biggest fear is everyone rolling 65 on B3 and I'll need 36 Me109s. But I really feel this is unlikely and as GM I could substitute Me110s or FW 190s for the remaining 12 fighters.

What is your experience with the rolls on the B3 chart? Do you use the original chart or do you use a homegrown chart that reflects you game set up?

If you don't mind I would like to ask questions on GM’ing this type of game too. Please let me know if this would be OK.

Thanks for shearing your rules,
Jim P cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ron.
We missed this months play due to illness, but I hope we can try your rules the next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Plunk
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jim,

"If you don't mind I would like to ask questions on GM’ing this type of game too. Please let me know if this would be OK."

No problem... I'd be glad to... but I warn you, I'm a bit slow at responses, as I don't read BGG every day blush

"What is your experience with the rolls on the B3 chart? Do you use the original chart or do you use a homegrown chart that reflects you game set up?"

I use the original B-3 chart, but a customized Special events chart.

"Another twist is that I would like to put this game on as a miniature game. Right now I have most of the fighters I will need (hopefully) and six bombers are put together, just need painting. My original question was how may fighters should I have ready for any one wave of attacks? I was thinking 24 each of Me109s and FW190s. along with about 10 Me110s. My biggest fear is everyone rolling 65 on B3 and I'll need 36 Me109s. But I really feel this is unlikely and as GM I could substitute Me110s or FW 190s for the remaining 12 fighters."

I think you're OK with your choices. This is what took me so long to reply back...

I had looked at this a couple of years ago, -AND- I sent an email to a group that was discussing die odds at that time.

The consensus is that ALL SIX rolling 65 is highly improbable...

The odds of rolling a six is 17% (one in six). The odds of rolling a five is the same, 17% (one in six). Therefore, the odds of ONE person rolling 65 is 3% (one in 36). The odds of SIX people rolling 65 is less than one percent - 0.5% (one in 216).

The MOST I've seen is three persons rolling 15/25/65. I think you're good.

I haven't gone this route, as I draw anywhere between 18 and 74(!) people in a game... That's a lot of lead! I'm looking more towards card models... I have every plane except the 110 and a 109G (I've a 109E, but it's wrong).

Hope this helped,
Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.