Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Beatty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on this question. Would it be possible to use the wooden blocks from Napoleon's Triumph combined with the Bonaparte at Marengo rules and a BaM map printed off the Geek to play BaM?

I'm asking because I really want to play BaM to see the differences between it and NT, but obviously it is getting very very hard to find BaM at anything resembling a reasonable price.

Would the wooden bits from NT work for BaM? Does anyone think the designer would mind if this were happening? I would happily buy my own copy of BaM if I could find one for less than the $100 they are going for atm.

Thanks for any input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great idea. They both need six red regular cavalry and there is more of everything else in NT so there would be no problem trying BaM this way.

I really enjoy both games. BaM got put on the back burner after I got NT but I recently played it again and I think that I actually enjoy it a little more than NT. It is a real gem. I forgot how tight and streamlined the design is.

It would be a shame if this amazing game was forgotten because it is no longer in print.

I can't speak for the designer and if he would be offended by this but maybe he could reprint the map for sale with the NT pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no technical reason why someone couldn't combine a BaM map and rules with NT pieces.

With regard to my permission, I try to be flexible on such things. As long as you aren't selling or distributing copies you've made of BaM components, I say feel free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I would like to chime in that you can play BaM against folks online that you can find at the BaM Ladder off the Simmons Game site. In that case you don't need a physical copy of the game.

Will there be a reprint for BaM at some point, Bowen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Beatty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The online version is a good suggestion, thank you. I do vastly prefer face to face for tactile reasons(like most do I'm sure). I certainly would never attempt to profit or distribute anything for a game I didn't create, but barring the possibility of a reprint or a significant increase in my salary I don't think I will ever be able to get my own copy of BaM, but I definitely want to experience the game for myself.

Thanks for your response Bowen, and for gifting us all with NT and BaM, they are truly inspired games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.