Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hawes
United States
Monmouth
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today the paint dried on my pawns and I was finally done constructing my first piecepack set, so I got out everything and set up for Fujisan. I did everything by hand with some Sharpies for my piecepack, and while I don't think my grids came out too badly, I think I should have gone with the paper-glued-on, because some of my coins look different enough that it could be a problem in the future. Oh well

Fujisan
I didn't really understand the rules to Fujisan at the time I tried to play it (just thinking about it now I realize my mistake ) so I gave up on it pretty fast. I guess I'm not a huge fan of abstracts (even though I buy them thinking that I like them better than the last ). At least with piecepack, there are other games I can play with the set

One Man Thrag
So I did manage to play a whole game of One Man Thrag, and I liked it, though it was pretty hard. I lost on the 9th turn thanks to poor decisions about when to play coins and use pawns.

Colonists of Natick
I will talk more about it on the CoN page, but I liked it. Not as much as Settlers of Catan, but I thought it was a good 2-player replacement (yes, I am aware that CoN is based on the card game). I also have the Catan card game now (haven't played it yet), so perhaps I can finally give the BGG what it has been wanting for awhile: a CoN review by someone who has indeed played the card game.

~David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.