Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The planets were unusually bountiful, especially for the Zerg - both Pridewater and Dylar IV! The Protoss got last pick, though, and could arrange to have the following map:

P=O=O=Z

where P = protoss homeworld, Z = zerg homeworld, and 0 = an empty world.

Both players established bases on the first turn and moved their entire militaries to the central worlds. Both sides had severe shortages of workers, but especially the zerg who had only 8-9 workers and 12 resources even before figuring on their expansion.

Turn two both sides successfully destroyed eachother's expansions. Since the Zerg had more minerals on their homeworld, this favored them slightly. There was a mass die off of transports that meant a lull in the conflict.

The Zerg were teching to Defilers, slowly, but they stopped off to get Spawn Broodling for their queens.

The zerg struck the next blow by establishing a new expansion near the site of the old Protoss expansion. Two thirds of the planet (Pridewater) fell under Zerg control.

Finally, finally, the Protoss managed to get an Archon together. The zerg had no reply (still being stuck with zerglings and queens), so they went to work on Dark Swarm.

The last turn of the game, the Zerg through a million zerglings at the protoss. Templar, Archons, and Dragoons trashed the zerg expansion on Pridewater. They also established their own expansion there. But the zerg were craftier: In a lucky attack two zerglings and a defiler took out a Dragoon guarding the Protoss main. Since that was sitting on a conquest point, the Zerg simply scrubbed their last order to usher in Stage III and win by SVC.

Victory of the little runty units over the invincible Archons!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice game, but Kerrigan?

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ražanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
owll wrote:
Nice game, but Kerrigan?

Owll

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Kerrigan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha! Infested by the Zergs! Played the computer game...but have forgotten that...so long ago.
Now I see. But wait is it my sight or my memory?shake

Thanks for remind it to me...

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.