Subject: Game rating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Melissa
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
I feel like a wuss, but I am trying to catch up on rating what I have actually played and have hit a bit of a mental block.

I don't mind giving low ratings to stuff that is ours, but I feel bad giving a low rating to a game that I only know because someone else brought it to be played.

Should I skip these, suck it up and rate them honestly or do something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Holden
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think maybe you need to work out why you feel bad about giving a bad rating to someone else's game. Do you feel you are criticising their game choice? Is it good manners to be polite about other people's possessions? Both of these are probably being a bit over-considerate since your friends are unlikely to look up your rating for their game and be offended.

Ratings are there as an aid to other gamers, but if you feel uncomfortable about giving them for any particular game there's no reason why you should worry about it- just skip them. As long as the ratings you do give are honest there's no obligation on you to rate everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.