Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose: Two different players have blue saloons, I have no money, and the roll causes me to collect one chip for a blue mine. Who do I give the chip to?

If I had designed the game, I would require the second saloon to be a different color from the first, but there are two of each color of marker, so it must be allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skrebs
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
Suppose: Two different players have blue saloons, I have no money, and the roll causes me to collect one chip for a blue mine. Who do I give the chip to?

If I had designed the game, I would require the second saloon to be a different color from the first, but there are two of each color of marker, so it must be allowed.

Well, if you've worked your way into a situation where you have no money and have a blue mine that pays off $1, you might want to rethink your strategy for the next game. Seriously, I don't have the answer, but I'd probably just say "Owe you a buck" to the unfortunate saloon owner that you didn't pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You never owe money in this game.

The rule would likely be one of these two:

1) Give it the blue-saloon owner of your choice.

2) Neither gets it.

Without further information, I'd rule number 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say, give it to the saloon owner who calls it first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After further pondering, I'm pretty sure it would be "Give it to the "blue" saloon owner of your choice."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.