Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Jay
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an added twist, some friends of mine (who have played a *lot* of MoH) have started counting cards remaining at the end of the game as points.

Since I'm not that familiar with the game, I was hoping to solicit some comments on this idea. Do you think it would unbalance the game? Does it over-emphasize the parking lot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
TWO Equals in an "if" statement!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
CarnubaWax wrote:
As an added twist, some friends of mine (who have played a *lot* of MoH) have started counting cards remaining at the end of the game as points.

Since I'm not that familiar with the game, I was hoping to solicit some comments on this idea. Do you think it would unbalance the game? Does it over-emphasize the parking lot?

The parking lot is already plenty emphasized in our group. We've played pretty mean so the cards are usually what is keeping everyone alive. So cards as points would be good.

What would be even cooler would be adding in variable points for cards. So not only is there finally a difference between Grenades and an Axe, but the endgame is totally changed from kingmaker to hidden VPs! I would love to try it like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jay
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorque wrote:

The parking lot is already plenty emphasized in our group. We've played pretty mean so the cards are usually what is keeping everyone alive. So cards as points would be good.

What would be even cooler would be adding in variable points for cards. So not only is there finally a difference between Grenades and an Axe, but the endgame is totally changed from kingmaker to hidden VPs! I would love to try it like this.

That's an interesting suggestion! What about the following breakdown:
3 VP - Hide, cards that kill two zombies (Shotgun, Grenade)
2 VP - Cards that kill one zombie (Pistol, etc.), Sprint
1 VP - Hardware, Hidden Cameras

As I said, I've only played a few times, but that breakdown fits my own experiences with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, it'd be worth playtesting. Our games of Mall of Horror tend to end with the winner having only like 5-8 points. Counting cards as part of your score would have a big impact, and I think it would also strongly discourage using your cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea of having points on unplayed cards is interesting.
However, i could see that it's definitely not of the designer's original interest. The competitive-cooperative-ness aspect of the game will be changed so far, rather that it helps as a tie-breaker. Just my thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CarnubaWax wrote:
Dorque wrote:

That's an interesting suggestion! What about the following breakdown:
3 VP - Hide, cards that kill two zombies (Shotgun, Grenade)
2 VP - Cards that kill one zombie (Pistol, etc.), Sprint
1 VP - Hardware, Hidden Cameras

As I said, I've only played a few times, but that breakdown fits my own experiences with the game.

That's a great idea, the last game ended with two of us having the same VPs, voting was evenly split so we counted cards, again the same so it went to....rock, paper, scissors.shake Bleck!! What way to kill a zombie game. I'm all for anything that will give more options for scoring VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.