Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Pavone
United Kingdom
Chippenham
wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've recently managed to purchase a copy of this game and spent last night unpunching it with my GF. Now in her attempts to slot the characters onto their bases she managed to snap two of the bases (admittedly, they are very stiff so I don't blame her!)

Any ideas where i can get replacements from? I've found one website that does them but their minimum order is £50 so fat chance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kalucza
Sweden
Umea
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be interested to find out aswell since i always wanted to put all monsters on stands aswell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Write an email to the FFG Customer Service; I expect they'll be able to replace them for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barring that, you could look at the Cardboard Hero bases from Steve Jackson Games. I find them handy all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here ya go:

http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/Main_Catalogue_ACCESSOR...

A UK based shop, has two types of stands in the accessories section.

Tip: Slide a 1p coin into the stand, so that it is half-way across. Slide the character tab into the other end. Remove coin an position character in stand.

Also, soaking the stands for 30 seconds or so in boiling water (e.g. from a kettle) softens then up a bit, making snapping less likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Silverscythe wrote:
Would be interested to find out aswell since i always wanted to put all monsters on stands aswell.

I'd not thought of that, good idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Many others have suggested using those black binder clips (can't think of what they're actually called) as a temporary solution. Put one on the bottom of the piece and then remove the the metal wire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Pavone
United Kingdom
Chippenham
wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Apparently the problem with the stiff stands only appears in the 1st ed. Revised edition printing don't have the same stands or the same problem. A quick query to FFG and they've offered to send me some revised ed. stands FOC.

A big thumbs up to FFG and Thaadd, another reason as to why FFG is the main reason I'm so poor!

Thanks to all who replied to this thread offering advice and hints - you've all been a great help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno, I've got 2nd edition and those stands are plenty stiff (and if not careful can cause considerable damage to the character pieces).... The stands in my Dunwich Horror are equally stiff....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Denning
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Using extra character stands for the monsters works great! I highly recommend it as it makes them pop out from an other wise visually arresting, but busy board. Don't worry about hiding valuable stat info- you can see it all just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.