Subject: 25% coupon Barnes and Noble rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
World Cup time!!!! All work in the morning will include the tv being on Fox or Telemundo. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if B&N is doing their game sell yet (and good luck finding any really good games), but here is the code and link for 25% off on item.

Online: enter the code D8H8E4H at checkout and the highest priced eligible item will be 25% off

In store:
B&N coupon print the coupon

I hope this helps some geek expand their game collection (books aren't bad to get either).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Online, they do have Cat-, Dog-, Choco-, Pony-, and even Bug-opoly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
mbmbmbmbmb
My local B&N, here in Ohio, just started carrying many good Boardgames. I gonna have to check this out.

I was there last evening and this is what they had:

World of Warcraft the Boardgame
Dust
Axis & Allies
Ingenious
3 different Munchkin games
Apples to Apples
Talisman
Age of Empires III
Pillars of the Earth
Ticket to Ride
Blokus
Settlers of Catan

or and of course 12 versions of the "M" word game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the coupon expires on Jan 28th. I believe most of the sale on games typically start in February
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The B&Ns around here all seem to have copies of Arkadia as well.

BTW, some of them also have a few Thomas wooden railway buildings at 75% off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
the coupon expires on Jan 28th.
Sort of. It expires at 2:59 AM the 28th, according to the text at the bottom. Which is why the text at top says the 27th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
I believe most of the sale on games typically start in February

Assuming they offer anything but the time sensitive movie themed games like Spiderman 3 Monopoly, etc.

The other stuff, especially Mayfair titles which weren't discounted last year, may be part of their new year round games inventory, so they won't be clearing them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Berry
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy of Puerto Rico from them for $10.00 last Feb. I stop in every couple days to see if they have marked anything down. One of the advantages to being in outside sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Tatsu wrote:
I believe most of the sale on games typically start in February

Assuming they offer anything but the time sensitive movie themed games like Spiderman 3 Monopoly, etc.

The other stuff, especially Mayfair titles which weren't discounted last year, may be part of their new year round games inventory, so they won't be clearing them out.

The AH stuff was discounted last year. i doubt they still have AH stuff but I hope they do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Rodriguez
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anybody is interested and you're not near a Barnes and Noble, you can pick up Arkadia online for a little over $26 using this coupon (it retails for $34.95). That's even less than the discount boardgame websites by a few dollars.

Plus, you automatically get free shipping since it is over $25. You may have to pay tax when you order but its still cheaper than paying for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel Heroscape is also on sale for 20.97$ at Barnes and Nobles on-line. For those in the US...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chen
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you munchkin fans, they have copies of Munchkind with a Munchkin bobblehead that's "exclusive" to B&N. Haven't been able to find any on the discount game websites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's too bad everything on the B&N Site right now is either a Monopoly-derivative or pure garbage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this! I recently bought Pillars of the Earth at B&N with a gift card. I was able to return the game and re-buy it with the coupon for a savings of over $13. Now with another coupon, I can go buy Modern Art and will only have to pay $4-$5 more than the amount of my refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Helms
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just pre-ordered "Runebound: Frozen Wastes" for $20.77!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Keates
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I picked up Catan Card Game for a little over $14. I am tempted to go back and use it with Arkadia...never tried that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
Online: enter the code D8H8E4H at checkout and the highest priced eligible item will be 25% off

In store:
B&N coupon print the coupon

if you want to print two different 25% off coupons, or use two different codes for onilne... the other one is:

F8J7U7L

or

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/nav.asp?r=1&PID=21227

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just printed it out and picked up Age of Empires III. I'll prolly print another coupon and pick up Arkadia tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swandive78 wrote:

This coupon is not for general distribution, and posting the link to it (or using it) is dishonest.

Why is it not for general distribution? How is it dishonest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Nguyen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swandive78 wrote:
eightbit wrote:
swandive78 wrote:

This coupon is not for general distribution, and posting the link to it (or using it) is dishonest.

This coupon is emailed ONLY to people who have PAID for the B&N member's discount card.

It was NOT sent to general distribution to the internet by Barnes and Noble.

That's why it's dishonest. Unless you got it the honest way, it's fraud.

I got the coupon in the email and I'm only on their mailing list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swandive78 wrote:
eightbit wrote:
swandive78 wrote:

This coupon is emailed ONLY to people who have PAID for the B&N member's discount card.

Can you please direct us to the statement from B&N where you got this?

It is not mentioned anywhere on either coupon (only one of which mentions being for Members). I do not recall seeing anything restricting the ability to share the URL in the Member e-mails I get from them. In fact, the e-mail (for the member coupon linked to above) I got said, "For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once online at bn.com." This certainly makes it seem as if the offer is generally available to any Member, not just me.

Generally, if something is an exclusive offer, it will be mentioned somewhere in the offer.

If you have any additional information from B&N, you should share it here. If, on the other hand, this is only your uninformed opinion, you should also share that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The second coupon does state its for members only and I would assume that if you tried to use it that B&N would ask for your member card and deny you if you didn't have one.

The first coupon though seems to be a offer to the general public. It's easy enough for a retailer to restrict these coupons if they want to or make them single use. I get coupons from blockbuster that have my name on them that can only be used once. So Swandive I'm not really sure why your getting all excited about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swandive78 wrote:
Psauberer wrote:
swandive78 wrote:
eightbit wrote:
swandive78 wrote:

Can you please direct us to the statement from B&N where you got this?

It is not mentioned anywhere on either coupon (only one of which mentions being for Members). I do not recall seeing anything restricting the ability to share the URL in the Member e-mails I get from them. In fact, the e-mail (for the member coupon linked to above) I got said, "For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once online at bn.com." This certainly makes it seem as if the offer is generally available to any Member, not just me.

Generally, if something is an exclusive offer, it will be mentioned somewhere in the offer.

If you have any additional information from B&N, you should share it here. If, on the other hand, this is only your uninformed opinion, you should also share that.

I quote your quote:
"In fact, the e-mail (for the member coupon linked to above) I got said, 'For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once online at bn.com.'"

If you can't understand that, I don't know what else to tell you. If you have a B&N Member account, you get one shot at each venue. If you don't, the coupon is not for you. Period.

So this was simply your (erroneous) opinion, likely a result of your not reading the offer carefully (as demonstrated by your above statement) and had no backing whatsoever from B&N.

Thanks for clearing that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, this thing is a COUPON.

Retailers spend big bucks in advertising to get coupons into the hands of their potential customers. They also GO OUT OF THEIR WAY at B&N to collect email addresses [I work there] so that they can email coupons to everyone on their list [including non-members]. They regularly send out a 25% off coupon, which is good for everyone. They also DO NOT enforce the one coupon per account garbage [even if they wanted to, they couldn't possibly keep track]. Besides, most everyone has an uncle/brother/sister/cousin/former roommate who has the card, and just gives their phone number instead of flashing the card.

I personally don't find it deceptive, because the company charges an outrageous fee in the first place--$25 a year, for 10% off, when EVERYTHING is cheaper either online, or somewhere else, [Spider Man 3 SALE PRICE - $32.xx] and when the competition's card [Borders] is FREAKING FREE!

Stop whining like a corporate tool. I work there, and I can guarantee that no one in my store really cares, as long as you're in the store SPENDING MONEY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
My wife bought something at B&N with this last week.

Our prior membership card has lapsed, and she forgot to take the coupon with her.

I gave her the coupon's numbers via cell phone, the cashier entered the numbers via keypad, and the 'coupon' was accepted.

Thanks for posting this Master Pirate Chambers!

As far as 'fraud' goes - everyone here realizes that Chambers is a 'pirate', right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.