The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that Pandemic isn't out yet, but for the few that have gotten a chance to play it - i was wondering how the 2 player game is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is on it's way and will be played mostly with 2 or 3 players. After reading the rules I can see that this may even being playable solo. I can't wait for it to get here next week. I will let you know about the two player game when it gets here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
lordunborn wrote:
Mine is on it's way and will be played mostly with 2 or 3 players. After reading the rules I can see that this may even being playable solo. I can't wait for it to get here next week. I will let you know about the two player game when it gets here

Please do, and thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Mandeville
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I jsut got this on Friday and so far have only played it two player, and it is really great fun. With only two roles, and two pawns to span the globe, it becomes really intense and fun and requires a lot of communication and delegating missions and moves for each other based on the roles' weakness and strength.

I've only played two games so far. We lost the first one, by a hair, and won the second one, by a second hair(both times we played at the normal setting). IT never felt too easy, outbreak always seemed a turn away, though I don't know as we get to know the cards and map better if this changes I can't compare it yet to a full game, but these first two games have been fantastic, if just for picking our roles at the beginning and declaring, "A Medic and a Atlanta dispatcher have been sent to save the world from disease."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing repeated two player games (about 10 games in the first two days of owning it) and it works great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
We've been playing repeated two player games (about 10 games in the first two days of owning it) and it works great!

If you remember, what difficulty levels have you tried and what were your win rates with them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Connor
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played three times on the easiest setting with three players and were stomped three times, once losing on outbreaks, once losing on the explosion of the orange disease, and once losing by running out the deck. Our only win came in a simulated four-player game with each of the two of us handling two roles at the same time.

We found the special powers of the additional character made the four-player game easier than two-player ... but we also had the advanatage of more game knowledge by the time we jumped to four. Even so, we discovered our last cure with only one player card left in the deck so our margin of victory was nil.

Good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wife and I played it twice on the 4-card version (easy) and lost both times (once from running out of black, the other from running out of cards). Next day, we played it 4 times with a third player, won once against the 4-card, and went 1-2 against the 5-card.

Initial impressions are it's a touch more difficult with only 2, but still amazingly fun. However, we may also have just gotten better at the game, so the games with three of us went smoother.

All in all, it's the first game since Race for the Galaxy that, after playing once with just my wife, her initial reaction was "Lets play again!" Haven't played with 4 yet, but I think it plays just as well with 2 as it does with 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
I have played about 5 games 2 player and have had a fun time. We've tried heroic twice and lost both (we came close to victory, or so we thought). Three times normal coming away with 2 victories. One problem with two players (though I've only played two player) is that you really miss having the other roles present. I havn't really noticed any imbalance with the roles. It really seems like I always wish I had the powers that are not included with our present roles. I digress. Fun game with two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played ten 2-player games so far. Won 3 of 4 with four epidemics and 2 of 6 with five epidemics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.