Popular Tags: [View All]
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 7.9.3 makes a reference to some particularly resilient Axis units having three steps. Which units have three steps? This section then instructs one to look at the Axis Unit Conversion Chart to see how many steps the different units in the game have. Looking at the Unit Conversion Chart, I get a great idea of Unit Breakdown and Buildup, but it is not that intuitive, to me at least, what the steps for each unit are on that chart.

Thankfully, Rule 7.9.4 helps me out, detailing the step order for armor and infantry units (each of which has four steps). But there is no mention of mountain units. Are these the units that only have three steps? If I read the Unit COnversion Chart the same way it is read to determine the steps for armor and infantry, It would seem that mountain units have the following step progression: 4-6-4; 2-4-4; 2-3-5; 1-1-5. However, the unit breakdown and buildup does not follow the same progression that it does for armor and infantry. That, coupled with the fact that some of the mountain BG units are one sided (1-1-5), leads me to believe that perhaps the mountain step progression is: 4-6-4; 2-4-4; 1-1-5. Which is correct? If the former, then which units have three step progressions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 mountain steps: 4-6-4/2-4-4/1-1-5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.