Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Latest tweak on random scenario rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple months back, I think Chad tweaked the random scenario generation rules to increase the attacker's likelihood of getting artillery. Chad, can you re-post the changes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are in the Combat Commander: Mediterranean Playbook. I think Chad and GMT would like you to buy it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The random scenario generator has been re-done with the release of Combat Commander: Mediterranean. It has a section in it specifically for an attacker to obtain a radio. Basically, it takes away the randomness and leaves the choice up to the attacker as to whether or not they want a radio. If you haven't purchased CC:M, I would strongly recommend it and the battle pack too!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:
Basically, it takes away the randomness and leaves the choice up to the attacker as to whether or not they want a radio.


Well, not quite---the attacker can decide whether to request artillery support, but if they do request it they still might not get it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I think Chad and GMT would like you to buy it.


kinga1965 wrote:
If you haven't purchased CC:M, I would strongly recommend it and the battle pack too!


Yeah, I get it that publishers would like consumers to buy their products -- thanks for the reminder, boys -- but at this point I'd just like to play the random scenario generator from CC:E with the attacker artillery tweak Chad wrote up in here a few months back. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Well, not quite---the attacker can decide whether to request artillery support, but if they do request it they still might not get it.


Thanks for straightening me out David. I always seem to leave that one little important detail out. Unfortunately, that's what I get for trying to work from memory.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan R. wrote:
at this point I'd just like to play the random scenario generator from CC:E with the attacker artillery tweak Chad wrote up in here a few months back.


If you don't want the CC:M version of the RSG, of course you can just go back and use what Chad posted before.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1327093#1327093
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to use the CC:M RSG, but I only own CC:E.

So thanks for the link!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.