Subject: Quick Comments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cronkite
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
I don't believe a single soul playtested this piece of poo, it's absolutely the worst board game I have ever played and my biggest purchase disappointment.angry The tiles are quite lovely but they do not fit to form a picture. Instead you get this completely confusing and ugly pastiche of an island that looks like it was cobbled together by a blind person. The game play is unoriginal and requires tedious set-up. Often within the first few turns, movement was blocked which required tiresome backtracking throough the "island".Take my advice: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Miller
United States
Newport
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re:Quick Comments
dcronkite (#3138),
With reference to your critique of this game...I reply firstly the game was intended for 8 year olds hence the simple play. Most 8 year olds tested enjoyed the set-up as much as the play itself.

With refernce to the island...if you follow the key symbols on the edge of each tile and match them together you WILL get the complete map

Otherwise I am sorry that you did not enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin D
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Robinhood53 (#18966),

I'm looking for some help on HOW to play the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guillory
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Yeah, I'd have to agree. This game isn't intended for hardcore gamers but instead, for the younger crowd. My sons loved setting it up and putting it together nearly as much as adventuring through it.

We don't play it often but we do enjoy the together time that this game created. It's not the best out there, but it is far from being the worst!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Demets
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
At first glance, I have to agree with dcronkite about the layout of the tiles and how much of a disconnected picture they build. Of course, I could be mistaken.

The only way to lay out the island so that it looks "right" is to match portal symbols. By matching portal symbols on each tile, I was able to reconstruct the island exaclty like the illustration on the last page of the rules booklet.

However (and unless I misread the rules), the tiles are to be placed face down in random order (except for the first tile). The player landing on a portal then draws the next available tile to be placed at the player position. This being said, there is no way that one can consistently place tiles with the portal symbols matching if the tiles are drawn in random order.

Am I missing something? Probably. I'd really like to play and enjoy this game, if only because my kids like Bionicles and the game play seems easy enough for their age.

Thanks,

WyrdForge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.