4 Posts

Age of Gods» Forums » General

Subject: Question about specail powers and regular attacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Williams
msg tools
I just got the game and I have two questions:

1) The game description said you can only use a race's special power if you reveal them as "your" race. I would assume this would mean you would have to play their "destiny" card during the action phase. But, it looks to me like you can use the special power of ANY race when you play a red or yellow back action card. So even if I don't control the amazons if I play a red-yellow back action card with their power I can use it. Can someone clarify?

2) When you launch an attack during the combat phase and lose (e.g. roll less than a "3"--on less than the modified number for that attack)--do you lose the piece you attacked with?

thanks much for the help !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to the game myself but I here's how I understood it:

1) Sounds like you have it down. You can play a red/yellow action card for a race you do not own the destiny card for but then it will be discarded. This means that you will not be able to "bet" with it in round 7's Destiny phase.

2)No, The piece remains in the territory it attacked from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Williams
msg tools
Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Réaux
France
Guyancourt
Yvelines
flag msg tools
Subhuman wrote:
I am new to the game myself but I here's how I understood it:

1) Sounds like you have it down. You can play a red/yellow action card for a race you do not own the destiny card for but then it will be discarded. This means that you will not be able to "bet" with it in round 7's Destiny phase.

2)No, The piece remains in the territory it attacked from.

You're right on both answers.

Regards,

CROC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.