Hide
3 Posts

Risk: Star Wars Original Trilogy Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Base issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Smooth Sailing
msg tools
i) The manual states that each turn the Imperial will take the top most base token, peek at it and place it at a planet he controls.

ii) The initial game setup states that imperial place shuffles the base token face down and stack them up.

I suppose from this 2 lines, I interpret the rule as such. The first base token is place at the Imperial player's turn 1. This is continue until the sixth turns or third (if there are 2 imperial players), when all the 6 base tokens are placed since every turn 1 base is introduce. Which means that from the seventh turn onwards, there is no more introduction/placement of the base tokens anymore. This can mean that hunting the emperor will also depends on the when the emperor token is actually introduced (which is of course hidden from the Rebellion).

I suppose no movement of the base from planet to planet are allowed then? That is once the base is placed at the planet, it stays there til the end of game unless it is destroyed.

Please correct if I am wrong as the rules did not state clearly the base issue. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Haggerty
United States
flag msg tools
tj29 wrote:
....Which means that from the seventh turn onwards, there is no more introduction/placement of the base tokens anymore.

That's correct (seventh turn onwards if there's one Imperial player; fourth turn onward if there are two).

tj29 wrote:
I suppose no movement of the base from planet to planet are allowed then?

Also correct -- in the sense that the Imperial player(s) cannot move a base.

tj29 wrote:
That is once the base is placed at the planet, it stays there til the end of game unless it is destroyed.

Correct with one exception: if the Hutts destroy an Imperial Base, the base token is immediately moved to another Imperial planet. See page 18:
If a Hutt destroys an Imperial Base

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a card that lets you reposition two Imperial Bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.