Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not find this in the rules, but I assume the start player passes to the left after every turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I've played it wrong a whole lot of times (entirely likely since the game was taught to me and I haven't read the rules, and neither has Mister Bananas), the start player each round is the owner of the sack (who is the person who won the auction in the previous round).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steveoliverc wrote:
Unless I've played it wrong a whole lot of times (entirely likely since the game was taught to me and I haven't read the rules, and neither has Mister Bananas), the start player each round is the owner of the sack (who is the person who won the auction in the previous round).

You are correct. The rules say

Quote:
When all the cards are turned over, there is now just one player who has not passed. He pays his bid to the bank and he gets contents of the sack: all cards (with positive and negative values) and puts them face down in his play area. The player places his won cards separately from those in his hand. He also takes the start player marker.

(Emphasis added)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Geez, I don't know how I missed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bolderson
United States
Circleville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, I got that wrong too, and I thought I read the rule book carefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.