Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, a MMC can use Smoke grenades and Assault movement at the same time. Could you please confirm the following situations work?

A) American 6-6-7 with 3 smoke exponent wishes to place smoke in an adjacent Open Ground hex and move into it. The unit cannot use Assault movement because the smoke costs 2 MF, and moving into smoke is 2 MF, thus causing all of its 4 MF to be expended, which is inapplicable with Assault movement.

B) American 6-6-7 stacked with an 8-1 leader *CAN* use Assault movement in the same situation as A due to the 2 bonus MF. Place smoke (2 MF), Move (2MF) leaves 2 MF unused.

C) However, if the 6-6-7 were to roll a "6" on the smoke DR, then it would immediately end its movement, unable to place smoke.

D) Defensive Fire occurs after a unit places its smoke successfully, not before, regardless of whether 1 or 2 MF were used.

E) A unit decides to lay smoke in an adjacent hex, not using Assault Movement, and rolls a 6. Unfortuantely, it must suffer the FFNAM penalty against Defensive Fire. It's used MFs, even if it hasn't left the same hex, and it didn't declare Assault Movement.

Cheers,
Merric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MerricB wrote:

D) Defensive Fire occurs after a unit places its smoke successfully, not before, regardless of whether 1 or 2 MF were used.

This might be more precisely phrased as "after the unit completes its placement attempt" - i.e. it doesn't matter whether it was successful or not. But I think you know that already, given the follow-up question.

Otherwise, entirely correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sedeño
msg tools
MerricB wrote:

A) American 6-6-7 with 3 smoke exponent wishes to place smoke in an adjacent Open Ground hex and move into it. The unit cannot use Assault movement because the smoke costs 2 MF, and moving into smoke is 2 MF, thus causing all of its 4 MF to be expended, which is inapplicable with Assault movement.

I'm newbie in ASL but 6-6-7 means it's has 6 MF so if expends 4 MF it can use Assault movement. This question I have reading the Richard Tutorials. What I am missing?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ražanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6-6-7 is Firepower-Fire range-Morale. Movement range is given in an entirely separate table and is 4 for MMC, 3 for inexperiened MMC, 6 for leader or MMC led by an SMC, blah blah blah and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mobley
Australia
Melbourne (Ringwood)
Victoria
flag msg tools
No really, I have never designed a boardgame!
badge
Spin, spin, spin.
mbmbmbmbmb
frimost wrote:
MerricB wrote:

I'm newbie in ASL but 6-6-7 means it's has 6 MF so if expends 4 MF it can use Assault movement. This question I have reading the Richard Tutorials. What I am missing?

Thanks

The 6-6-7 refers to its Firepower (6) - Range (6)- and Morale (7).

The units MF is not printed on the counter, but is a standard 4 for (most) multi-man counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.