Subject: New Galactic Order and New Military Tactics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
When scoring New Galactic Order at the end of the game, does the +3 for New Military Tactics count if that card is in the tableau. Part of me thinks that this would be specialized military because of its one time use and would not count. What say you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that card is explicitly listed in the "Six-Cost Chart" in the rulebook as an example of a card that would not count.

-Dave

EDIT: Confirmed correct, look at the bottom left of page 12 in the PDF of the English Rules off the main game page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
This answer is correct; NMT is temporary military and doesn't count for NGO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the good job on the rules. As someone who had no experience in PR of SJ and no one to help me, I thought the rules were great. The first game was still confusing and rough, but I have almost never checked the rules since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are not explicit in this point, and I think it would be more interesting interpreted in another way: you have to weigh more carefully if you use it to colonize or for the final tally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.