Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
To end our gaming night at Mike's place, I brought out Last Night on Earth, to Craig's delight. LNOE isn't the most serious of games, but oozes theme and is a great choice for last game of a night. Heh.

Game 1: Defend the Manor House... starring Randy as the Zombies
Well, I, as the sheriff, was the only one to actually begin in the manor house. Everyone else was in buildings. Well, at least they could search.

My accuracy proved erratic, and the others soon discovered that they were pretty hopeless with their weapons. The chainsaw was discovered, and Randy rolled a 6 for the Zombie's melee and it was discarded. Another chainsaw came up, and the same thing happened. We were cursed.

I eventually made a break for it, heading to an empty building to see if I could find something that would help. I couldn't, and a locked door prevented me from returning to the manor house, where Jenny discovered that she couldn't fight off four zombies at once. Ooh, look: Zombie Hero.

We got back into the melees, but we could only fend off the zombies, not defeat them. Jenny made the ninth Zombie, and the house was overwhelmed, along with the rest of us. Ooh... brains!

Game 2: Find the Townsfolk, starring Rich as the Zombies
That game had taken all of 30 minutes, including setting up and explaining the rules to Mike, so we started another one. It was only 11:30pm, after all!

This time, I was a man of faith. The rest were schoolkids. Turn one, the Gym got overrun. Turn two, I got trapped by another Locked Door. Turn Three, the kids got eaten.

That was all he wrote! This was an exceptionally short game - no more than 15 minutes! We searched a couple of times and found gasoline and dynamite... but no lighters. Just goes to show the desperation (and randomness) that can overcome this game. At least we weren't trapped for two hours in a boring game!

I quite like LNOE, although it's never going to be one of my top games, and it's one that my roleplaying friends really enjoy. There's something to be said about fast, stylish fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.