Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Akkon: Machtkampf der Tempelritter» Forums » Rules

Subject: What is a Knight? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boyd Ludlow
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got to play this for the first time the other night and enjoyed it a lot. But with it having been several months since I had fed the German rules through various translators to produce my rules, I was uncertain of certain abilities and the guys I was playing with interpreted the rules differently from how I did. So if someone can answer these questions based on the German rules then I can update my translation for greater clarity. Thanks.

- Mercenary (Turcopole) is worth 2 plus 2 for every other knight on the same offering field. Does this include Chaplains and other mercenaries or sergents? i.e. does it essentially mean 2 points for every cube or is a knight something specific, 4-8 value cubes.

- Levant Trade. Once again is this counting all of the cubes that a player has placed onto the offering fields of just the cubes that could be considered knights, i.e. cubes with value 5-8?

I would think that in both cases the rules a referring to the number of cubes and not making distinctions about who the cube represents. Am I right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas P. Felder
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am reffering to the German rules.
Note that there are English versions in the download area of the game.

Mr Penguin wrote:
(..)- Mercenary (Turcopole) is worth 2 plus 2 for every other knight on the same offering field. Does this include Chaplains and other mercenaries or sergents? i.e. does it essentially mean 2 points for every cube or is a knight something specific, 4-8 value cubes.

A knight is something specific: Cubes with value 5-8.

Mr Penguin wrote:
- Levant Trade. Once again is this counting all of the cubes that a player has placed onto the offering fields of just the cubes that could be considered knights, i.e. cubes with value 5-8?

The rules state explicit, that rank and value of the cubes doesn't matter in the card phase.

Mr Penguin wrote:
I would think that in both cases the rules a referring to the number of cubes and not making distinctions about who the cube represents. Am I right?

No, I would think that in the first case (auctioning for the city cards), the ranks count, and in the second case (card playing) just cubes are counted.
I believe this because in the description of the cubes, the "Bietrunde" (=auction phase) is referred to many times.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.