Subject: Prices for buying this game. (Expensive game in Norway) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorentz Teigen
Norway
South Trøndelag (close to Trondheim)
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Time has come to invest in another set of this game, and unlike the first order done directly at GMT this one had to be on the open market (CC:E is OOP atm)

We ended up ordering CC:E + CC:M + Paratroopers. Total sum 123$ +shiping to Norway 56$. I didnt manage to find any better offers (where you could buy all 3 at once).

Anyone know of any places in europe that sell it for less?
So if the package doesnt get stopped on the border for some taxation it will cost us 179$ / 128 Euro / 1010 NOK. Buying CC:E from the only company that got it in Norway costs 899NOK (+shipment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lorentz,

www.cosimshop.de has CC:E for 75€, Paratroopers for 17,5€ and CC:M for 67,5€.
So, unless you get stucked at customs, it's not really cheaper...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that cosimshop.de only ship to EU countries, which Norway isn't (I admit I had to look that up myself). But it's true that European online shops will only be significantly cheaper if you have to pay custom duties on orders from the US. How likely that is in Norway, I have no idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have patience, it is very likely GMT will reprint CC:E, I doubt that will be P500 though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Salomonsson
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I THINK the Swedish-Norwegian border ought to be safe from customs, try these guys:
http://www.hobbygames.se

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pär Lindström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try contacting www.worldofboardgames.com. They sell the game for 599 SEK. which is 505 NOK or 63 €.

I think they will ship to norway if you contact them and ask. Great shop with great customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tibbitts
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I thought to my self "if he's near Trondheim or Mo i Rana I'll offer to bring a copy the next time I'm over there" but then I checked the flag to find out you're in a part of Norway I've not heard of before: Nebraska. Oh, well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorentz Teigen
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am living very close to Trondheim (work in Trondheim) Think i need to check my profile if it says Nebraska .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorentz Teigen
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lorentzt wrote:
Time has come to invest in another set of this game, and unlike the first order done directly at GMT this one had to be on the open market (CC:E is OOP atm)

We ended up ordering CC:E + CC:M + Paratroopers. Total sum 123$ +shiping to Norway 56$. I didnt manage to find any better offers (where you could buy all 3 at once).

So if the package doesnt get stopped on the border for some taxation it will cost us 179$ / 128 Euro / 1010 NOK. Buying CC:E from the only company that got it in Norway costs 899NOK (+shipment).

Just got the CC:E, M and Para today. Had to pay 25%VAT but no import taxes. So total price ended up at 225$ or 1250NOK. So it seams importing from the US is the best offer for Norway. Btw it did take less than a week for the package

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steffen Sorum
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lorentzt wrote:
lorentzt wrote:

Just got the CC:E, M and Para today. Had to pay 25%VAT but no import taxes. So total price ended up at 225$ or 1250NOK. So it seams importing from the US is the best offer for Norway. Btw it did take less than a week for the package

Well, Norways hell arrrh

But I usually go looking for some ebayshops. I reckon the effort spent and the energi lost on trying to do a cheaper deal usually ends up more expensive anyway ... So Airmail and one game at a time (so I never get to pay extra customtaxes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should have preordered

I preordered Med because I somehow failed to notice that it wasn't standalone, so when I got it I had to go and buy Europe - I got that in an expensive retail store though (Outland in Oslo, same as where I got Twilight Struggle). I mean, someone has to buy GMT games in retail stores as an incentive for the stores to go and order more from GMT.

Europe is now listed as out of stock, so there might be a chance for it to enter P500 as a reprint eventually, I bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Mageau
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at www.rollingboxcars.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for the record, I just checked a few sites and wargamesdepot.com has all three in stock and thier combined price is $119.61 + shipping. Thats a pretty darn good deal forhte set.

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorentz Teigen
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Outland in Trondheim didnt have the game(s) but have promised to order a few. Prefer to buy it from a local store if possible (price is not the most important thing when buying local).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.