Popular Tags: [View All]
karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
When Pirates (or Slaves) are attacking a player´s navy (or army), is the defender getting the training tile bonus, if he possesses some of these?
If yes, is it correct that the eventual training tiles of the player, who triggered the Pirate (or Slave) attack do not count, as the Pirates (or Slaves) are virtually independent from the player himself?
And finally, if subsequently a player attacks previously successful Pirates (or Slaves), does he qualify for the training tile bonus, if he can?

thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi,

The way i have played this:

When a pirate attacks, the defender DOES get to use his naval training cards.

The pirates are COMPLETELY independent from the person playing the card. so they never get any training advantage.

And, again, if someone later attacks a pirate tile they DO get to use any training advantage they have.

- I don't know if these are official rules but thats the way we played and seems logical to me.

[oh, and, of course, change pirate/slave and naval/army references as appropriate]

mjl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct and if the rules don't explicitly say so the FAQ does...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.