Subject: Question about fields on the 'X' tile - are they connected? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryon Nordquist
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. The base Carcassonne set includes a tile with 4 disconnected road segments (each segment begins near the center of the tile and extends to an edge of the tile). On the big-box tile sheet is is labeled as 'X'. The 4 roads running N, S, W, E create what appear to be 4 separate fields, one in each corner. However, looking closely at the center of the tile, between the buildings, it appears that at least some of the fields are connected (maybe 3 of the 4?)

We've been treating this tile as 4 disconnected fields, but now I'm wondering if some or all are connected. Anybody know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
they are all disconnected fields
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ʇllıʍ)
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the road goes into a tunnel (which occurs in some expansion tiles), roads always divide farmlands, even if there's a "tiny patch of green" spliting the road at an intersection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Shepherd
Wales
Buckley
Flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I've been playing that tile wrong then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Beach
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know this is an old thread but the question came up tonight. Bottom left corner of page three in the instructions shows that each corner of this tile is its own farm segment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.