Conquest of Paradise» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1/2 points? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
How are half points counted in this game? We played that they are rounded down all the time and the actual number on the VP track counts when checking player order. But one player argued that the half VP should count here as well.

What is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
The VP marker shows "1/2 Pt" on one side. Just flip it to the half-point side as necessary. For example, if you have 6 villages, control 4 island groups, and have a presence in 3 atolls, you would have 11 1/2 pts. Place your VP marker on the 11, with the half-point side up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:
The VP marker shows "1/2 Pt" on one side. Just flip it to the half-point side as necessary. For example, if you have 6 villages, control 4 island groups, and have a presence in 3 atolls, you would have 11 1/2 pts. Place your VP marker on the 11, with the half-point side up.

Wow!

I never saw that. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played the game, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about... but wouldn't it have been easier to multiply all points awards by 2, and make the score track longer? (Or maybe that's the issue?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr.Baggins wrote:
Haven't played the game, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about... but wouldn't it have been easier to multiply all points awards by 2, and make the score track longer? (Or maybe that's the issue?).

I suspect that making the score track much longer would have been a bit of an issue. Also 1/2 points aren't all that common. They do occur, but turning the counter over is a very practical way of solving it, without cluttering up the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.