Popular Tags: [View All]
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a planet with two sections to it, can you build a base in both sections, then buy the air defense module? According to the rules, transporters cannot move units to a territory defended by a base with the air support module.... so does that planet become unattackable? My friend asked about this last week and I forgot to ask. Game coming up tonight... an answer must be had!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Poulos
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
I guess there's more to starting a game company than just having a name... :(
badge
What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, a gaming machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this gamer does is sleep and eat and place little meeples, and that's all.
mbmbmbmbmb
no, a player can only have one base per planet. it would be possible for opposing players to have bases in all the areas on one planet, which, if they have air defense, would keep other players from landing on the planet.

i don't know what the rule is for teams and if both members of the team could each have a base on the same planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
AbeLincoln wrote:

i don't know what the rule is for teams and if both members of the team could each have a base on the same planet.

If it is a team game then it is changed to only one base per team can be on a planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
max pattacini
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the rules says "one base of a player for each planet"
two players, however can have one base each in diferent areas in the same planet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The team rules are that on a planet with only 2 spaces, two players on the same team cannot place bases on that planet.

The easy way to remember it is, players may not create a situation where no enemy can land.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Sasse
Germany
Waiblingen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. Would be quite a game-smasher, wouldn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
badweasel wrote:
AbeLincoln wrote:

If it is a team game then it is changed to only one base per team can be on a planet.

Not quite correct. The rule is (and is clarified in the FAQ) that a team cannot build bases such that every area on the planet has bases for that team. IE, on a 2-area planet, a team can only have one base between them. On a 3-area planet, two members of the team can have bases. On a 4-area planet, three members of the team could have bases. Note that this only applies for members of the same team. If playing all-vs-all, or 3 teams of 2, as mentioned above on a 2-area planet, one player (or team) could have a base on one area, and another player (or team) could have a base on the other area. If both had Air Defense Modules, that would mean that nobody else could invade the planet; they could only be attacked by each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Each planet must have a space on it where a base does not exist. Or else, bases on all territories that have air defenses = inaccessible in all ways by the enemy.

That would be an exploit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Sasse
Germany
Waiblingen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, but it is definitely allowed for all vs. all matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.