Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for non-collectible, deck-building cardgames rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amos Frans
msg tools
I really like the idea in card games like Mystick and Blue Moon where deck-building is possible, but the cards come in non-randomized decks so its very easy and cheap to collect the full set and build custom decks. Are there any more card games like this? I'm specifically looking for 2-player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett R.
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be wrong, but I think Nature of the Beast: City vs. Suburb is an 'expandable' card game (with Nature of the Beast: Farm vs. Forest) that's somewhat similar to those. Pretty sure it might have deck building possibilties as well, so you might want to check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also try looking at Tower Siege and it's 3 expansions. Don't worry, each 15 card expansion pack has a fixed card list.

I also recall that Call of Cthulhu: Collectible Card Game has now turned into a non-CCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Skinner
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maelstrom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Frans
msg tools
Thanks for the replies. Tower Siege and Nature of the Beast seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. I will definitely check out these two. If anyone knows of any more similar games, please post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
Scarab Lords and its sequel Minotaur Lords
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a Geeklist on XCG (expandable card games), a term that's been coined for CCG like games that aren't sold in random "boosters".

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/4282

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.