Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something we overlooked in out first few games, but that we noticed today was the following.

In rules page 5 it says:
"The rules summary depicts the initial separation between your space
ships: The player with tile number 1 puts his or her ship on the indicated starting space and the player with tile number 2 puts his or her ship 2 spaces behind it. (That is, with one empty space between, as shown in the diagram on the game board.)"

So in all our games we always played it as such. However, today we noticed that this is actually different in rounds: 2 spaces between ships in round 2, and 3 spaces in round 3, as indicated by the summary cards.

Not a big deal, but we may not be the only ones having overlooked this....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, your not the only ones that overlooked this. I had the game for a week when some friends borrowed it and then I went to play with them and started the second round with the ships further apart so I told them they where doing it wrong then they pointed out what you mentioned and I was surprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Mangiarano
Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen
mbmbmbmbmb
moorwild wrote:
Something we overlooked in out first few games, but that we noticed today was the following.

In rules page 5 it says:
"The rules summary depicts the initial separation between your space
ships: The player with tile number 1 puts his or her ship on the indicated starting space and the player with tile number 2 puts his or her ship 2 spaces behind it. (That is, with one empty space between, as shown in the diagram on the game board.)"

So in all our games we always played it as such. However, today we noticed that this is actually different in rounds: 2 spaces between ships in round 2, and 3 spaces in round 3, as indicated by the summary cards.

Not a big deal, but we may not be the only ones having overlooked this....

Oh man!!!! What a mistake...
Thanks to make me consciuos of this rule...(I'm certain that they could have pointed this rules in a better way in rules...)

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Toth
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
starpino wrote:

Thanks to make me consciuos of this rule...(I'm certain that they could have pointed this rules in a better way in rules...)

There is a special card in the box to place to the middle of the board. It clearly shows how to put the ships on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennard
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I admit I missed this the first time round, then wondered what those triangley-bits meant...

It shows more clearly when you put the three rules summary cards together:

As for the rules, it's mentioned on page 5, The flight Board:
Quote:
The rules summary depicts the initial separation between your spaceships

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giorgos konstantinou
Greece
Athens
Halandri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WHAT THE...? And I always wondered what did those symbols on the flight board try to imply..Ohhh..Blessed careful people.. Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I totally blew this rule the first time I taught the game. I took a second full read of the rules and an examination of the card in question to notice it.

I'll make a separate post with the other rules I missed on the first play, which I think are easy to miss. At least, that my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted McGinty
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Totally missed this too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.