Justin, Karen, Acacia, and Janek
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
45 Jack-o'-dapter!
mbmbmbmbmb
About a month ago, I ran into a couple in the games section of Target. He was a teacher over in China and together they were looking for games to bring back overseas to teach the students English by player interaction. I digress. The point of my post is that in this sudden conversation, they told me about a game that's popular in the schools over there called "Killer", using a standard deck of cards. They had mentioned that everyone has their eyes closed and then the judge (person with the jacks?) or whoever says "Killers, open your eyes" and then they have to pick who they will "kill" without saying a word and then everyone has to figure out who the killers are or if they were the ones killed. Or something. Or something else. Dear Lord, I do believe I may have chopped that game up. It sounded like a great game though. Anyone know the rules? Or have any links? Thanks!

Justin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Werewolf.

Sounds like a very similar game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Case
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a kid's game that is sometimes called murder wink. Basically someone is it and they have to wink at someone and that person dies. The carnage continues until someone spots who is doing the winking and identifies it without being winked at themselves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
45 Jack-o'-dapter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm.....no Jerry Lewis.....no Werewolf.....and no Murder Wink.....but I'll definitely check them all out (with the exception of Jerry Lee Lewis)! Standard deck....certain face cards have special abilities, or I should say, player designations. Had they known the full rules, I would've done a spotlight interrogation in the Fitting Rooms. Unfortunately, their memories were vague. And so.....the hunt continues. (Insert dramatic music here)

Thanks for the responses so far though! This is my first post on BGG. I've been checking this site out for months (never registered) and have loved every post. The help everyone gives is tremendous. Generosity seems to be in abundance....and the humor....ahhh....the humor. When I read some posts I feel like I'm viewing the latest Wes Anderson script mixed with some Arrested Development. I giggle out loud, my wife gives me that "he must be on bgg" look.

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Case
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutch Boy wrote:
Hmmmm.....no Jerry Lewis.....no Werewolf.....and no Murder Wink.....but I'll definitely check them all out (with the exception of Jerry Lee Lewis)! Standard deck....certain face cards have special abilities, or I should say, player designations. Had they known the full rules, I would've done a spotlight interrogation in the Fitting Rooms. Unfortunately, their memories were vague. And so.....the hunt continues. (Insert dramatic music here)

Thanks for the responses so far though! This is my first post on BGG. I've been checking this site out for months (never registered) and have loved every post. The help everyone gives is tremendous. Generosity seems to be in abundance....and the humor....ahhh....the humor. When I read some posts I feel like I'm viewing the latest Wes Anderson script mixed with some Arrested Development. I giggle out loud, my wife gives me that "he must be on bgg" look.

Justin

With that extra desciption I would move from the "murder wink" side of the table to the werewolf/mafia side of the table

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds exactly like Maffia, which we always play with normal cards.

It's the same as werewolf, except there are no special powers.

1 type of card (like aces or jacks) represent maffia, the rest is police.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
45 Jack-o'-dapter!
mbmbmbmbmb
From further investigation, it appears it would be Werewolf/Mafia/etc. Sorry about that! Thanks for all your replies! I can't wait to play. I work at a Shelter Care program for teenagers and I think this will be a great game that will include everyone (being that the kids can get clique-y....(non-existent word???)). Anyway, thanks again!

Justin

(Sorry that it's still not a game about Jerry Lee Lewis)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.