Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: what are the limits to reviews and sessions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: also, what are we supposed to put in the Group Name field for session posts?

I remember posting a session for a game. I noticed that about after 1155 characters or so, a center portion of it got cut off after I clicked preview. I have seen other people posting up to 3000 character sessions just fine. Anyone have any details on this?

Also, if there IS a limit, what's the limit for reviews?

Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Also, if there IS a limit, what's the limit for reviews?

About 65000 chatacters.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to get 64,997 characters in before the system truncated my review... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/255808

dale
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
!?! how r u guys getting 65K or so characters? Is there some setting I'm missing here?

Also, Please note the side question above, of which here it is again.....
EDIT: also, what are we supposed to put in the Group Name field for session posts?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
!?! how r u guys getting 65K or so characters? Is there some setting I'm missing here?



They probably just copied the text into word and did a character count.

As for the Group field, put whatever you like. I believe you can pull up all the sessions by group name, but mostly that's a vestigial feature of the ghost-of-BGG-past.

-MMM
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops, I misread that. They were talking about 65K in reviews, NOT sessions.... altho it's quite a drag to see such a huge discrepancy in limits for reviews and sessions

Octavian wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
!?! how r u guys getting 65K or so characters? Is there some setting I'm missing here?



They probably just copied the text into word and did a character count.

As for the Group field, put whatever you like. I believe you can pull up all the sessions by group name, but mostly that's a vestigial feature of the ghost-of-BGG-past.

-MMM


I was referring to not how they count the characters, but how it was possible to have a post containing that many characters. What i posted above clears some of it up
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.