Popular Tags: [View All]
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a 2 player game and it plays well. But I can see trying variations like keeping both god cards, or playing a 4player-like game where you play 2 hands and whoever has the highest combined score wins. Anyone else try 2 player variations? The game components are very nice but you need to bag the discs in separate bags or else you will have to sort a ton of discs before playing. Then you have to jam them into the compartments. I'm tempted to invert the insert for easier storage or get rid of it completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
skeletodoc wrote:
We played a 2 player game and it plays well. But I can see trying variations like keeping both god cards, or playing a 4player-like game where you play 2 hands and whoever has the highest combined score wins. Anyone else try 2 player variations? The game components are very nice but you need to bag the discs in separate bags or else you will have to sort a ton of discs before playing. Then you have to jam them into the compartments. I'm tempted to invert the insert for easier storage or get rid of it completely.

I have played four two-player games and they seem to work just fine without any modification. I am baffled why they chose to add a warning in the rules that two player games might not work so well.

We bag all of the size 4 races together, size 3 races together, etc. and put the leftover counters in one bag together. That way, they are easy to separate before a game but you don't have to fiddle with too many bags.

We keep the cards, dice and grey cubes in the insert. We keep the bags of tokens underneath the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the main problem that would come up in a 2 player game is that not enough battles take place. This could probably be resolved by simply doubling up the combat phases and revolt destiny phases.

For storage this is the first game that I through away the box insert for. I bought a bead organizer for like 3 bucks at Micheal's Craft Store that fits in the box perfectly and keeps all the races seperate. I have to double up a couple of the smaller ones but they are quick to seperate. If you don't want to through away the box insert I first bagged the races and placed them under the insert. That seemed to work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played couple (2) player games as well... runs pretty well! (a lot of bluffing) I do see how more players would make for a better game play (more interactions between players)- still doable with two. I think 5 or 6 would be too many!

[I also use storage boxes/ Plano tackle boxes to house the tokens separately]-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.