Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Dune» Forums » General

Subject: Petition Impact rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I suppose almost 3500 signatures has still had no affect on the license?

They said it was "tied up"...I can't help but wonder with what, but with that many people asking for the official theme you would have to believe that the Herbert estate would find a way to please their fans.

They would almost certainly make a buck or two...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a number for "less than nothing?"

That's a numeric representation of the impact of 3500 signatures on an online petition...
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
    The estate is concerned that a re-release of '79 Dune will cause confusion with Dune Monopoly, and I can't say I blame them. Can you imagine opening the box when you expected Monopoly? Oh sure, us eggheads would love it, but Aunt Edna is going to be pissed.

             Sag.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoskins
United States
OKC
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
So I suppose almost 3500 signatures has still had no affect on the license?

They said it was "tied up"...I can't help but wonder with what, but with that many people asking for the official theme you would have to believe that the Herbert estate would find a way to please their fans.


By 'please the fans' do you mean reprinting the AH Dune game or forcing Brian to stop writing books?
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Josephus
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new version of Dune in the works in Hollywood . . . right now only a director has been named- I wonder if that has something to do with it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewjhoskins wrote:

By 'please the fans' do you mean reprinting the AH Dune game or forcing Brian to stop writing books?


Hey! I like those books.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Schmidt
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
limiter3118 wrote:
There is a new version of Dune in the works in Hollywood . . . right now only a director has been named- I wonder if that has something to do with it?


I would have to think that can only help the game's chances of being rereleased.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fox
United States
Diamond Springs
California
flag msg tools
Yes the new books are indeed crap.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On their website, the Herbert estate say that the license to make an RPG based in the Dune universe is owned by the producers of the recent TV mini series. I am guessing this is also true of the license to make board games. It would be nice if they could clarify who owns the board game license.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I agree with Snopes' take on internet petitions... http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.