Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation» Forums » Rules

Subject: One character moves for each player per turn, right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the king
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Just picked this game up, loads of fun. This is probably a dumb question but I just wanted to make sure. On a players turn, he or she can only move one character, right?

Also, can a player choose not to use a characters ability?

Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Herman
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this yesterday for the first time with both of my daughters.

My understanding is:

1) Yes - You can only move one character per turn

2) Yes - You do not have to use the characters text ability such as "retreat sideways".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, use of character abilities is only optional if the text says "may"
If it tells you to do something, instead of saying you MAY do it, then you MUST do it.

This is most important in the case of Shelob. She returns to Gondor whether you want her to or not. "Instant kill" abilities are also not optional. Under very rare circumstances, it would be ideal to play cards instead of automatically winning, but your just out of luck :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Herman
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
No, use of character abilities is only optional if the text says "may"
If it tells you to do something, instead of saying you MAY do it, then you MUST do it.

This is most important in the case of Shelob. She returns to Gondor whether you want her to or not. "Instant kill" abilities are also not optional. Under very rare circumstances, it would be ideal to play cards instead of automatically winning, but your just out of luck :-)

Agreed... sometimes what I'm thinking in my head with all the extra parts doesn't come out entirely when I write it.

The "may" actions are choices, all other abilities are explicit and most are fairly specific. I think the full rulebook does a good job at the end where it goes through each character card in detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.