Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone ever actually reach the scoring track on the 4th side of the board? This isn't a complaint or anything. It's just that the highrst score any of us have ever achieved is 42 points, and that was last night's game where everything went very well for us in the battles.

My wife got a very early Embassy and I ended up with a Cathedral, a Fortress, AND 4 other buildings. But despite all of this I ended up with 42 points, my personal best, to her 40 points from all the Embassy points.

So I'm just curious what the high scores of others are, to see if getting into the 50s is actually achievable.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 48 or 50 once - managed to get the Cathedral, Wizard's Guild & Fortress. Winning all my battles helped get a few bonus victory points.

But this was in a 2-player game; I suspect playing with more people will make it harder to get onto the 4th scoring track since there's more competition for the Council advisors so you're likely not to get the optimum resources, etc.

Matt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Tirico
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our 3-player games usually end with the winner scoring about 56-60 (the winner often having completed the 2nd or 5th raw).

In 4-player games the average score is more or less 5 VP lower.

Head-to-head matches close around 62-63 VP (my best score ).

The lowest VP loot I've seen was 39, in a 4-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
57 in a 2 player (Embassy strategy)
49 in a 4 player (Mish-mash)
45 in a 5 player (Farms strategy, last round I was one stone away from a Cathedral, if I would've rolled a 12 or better I would've had it for 51 points).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
The stronger the telescope, the more stars there are...
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Krizan aka chaddyboy_2000 scored 58 in our 4-player game last week. An early Farm gave him the dice (very lucky dice, I assure you) to hit the higher personages (including macking the Queen many times). He built the Crane, and possibly the Town Hall along with the basic military buildings. Then he went all the way across the top line to the cathedral (building it on the last turn, where he used the four gold from the 16 with 3 stone in his reserve). I think he built at least 13 buildings. We didn't have a hard time with the enemies until the last round. The last enemy forced Chad to lose a 4 point building dropping him from 62 to 58. I finished in second in the high 40s. This is what gaming with Chad is like for all of you who have not had the pleasure (or the frustration for that matter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicagometh wrote:
The last enemy forced Chad to lose a 4 point building dropping him from 62 to 58. I finished in second in the high 40s. This is what gaming with Chad is like for all of you who have not had the pleasure (or the frustration for that matter).

The buildings are supposed to be taken out of the right most column and in the case of a tie the top most row. So, he should've lost the Cathedral dropping 9 points instead of 4 and not gotten any bonus from the Cathedral (if any). Making the score 53, which is still impressive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
The stronger the telescope, the more stars there are...
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course! It helps to read all the rules...I will inform the brethren...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sherman
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This game is quickly becoming a favorite for my weekly game group. 5 of us played it last night and the scores were 55 (me), 42, 35, 33, and 13. The last place person showed me just how devastating it is if you lose a battle early on.

As for my 55 points, I built 14 buildings and grabbed the queen quite a few times. I could have done better, but I never had the highest combat score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My highest was 66 in a 4 player game.

Had great rolls most of the way through.

I built up to the market, then went for the embassy, then military to the wizards guild and a palisade Then less than stellar rolls got me only to the chapel on the top row, and dragons rounded it out at the end for a few more points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got 62 on 4-player Kingsburg with the new AI computer version, by using Farms rush to Embassy with some really good rolls. I got the Queen 3 times in one year. (!)

I even misplayed the last year, and lost my Embassy to the Demons (!), and still ended up with 62.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished an AI game, where I built up to the Market, then switched over to the Crane, then back up the Merchant's Guild, then back to the Embassy, then up to the Wizard's Guild and then to the Chapel, sprinkling in some Queen's and trading in +2 tokens along the way to 67 points (4 player, Expert AI's).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reapersaurus wrote:
I just finished an AI game, where I built up to the Market, then switched over to the Crane, then back up the Merchant's Guild, then back to the Embassy, then up to the Wizard's Guild and then to the Chapel, sprinkling in some Queen's and trading in +2 tokens along the way to 67 points (4 player, Expert AI's).

More impressive is that the next-highest player (Expert AI) has merely half your score! Good win. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.